Tip: Using Intelligent ScanSnap Profiles

GHall

I created profiles with various scanning attributes and saved them as you see in the picture below. Quickly, I can select the correct scan profile from the list to match the attributes that I need in my final document. The quality setting for each profile is the same (color 300 dpi; BW 600 dpi). The paper output size for each profile is the same (8.5"x11"), except for the profiles with "Autosize" at the end of the naming scheming.

post-89840-0-06283900-1335042888_thumb.j

Additionally, the output naming matches each scan profile so that all files scanned using a single naming scheme will output together. This allows for scanning different document types with different scanning needs to the same folder and be visibly distinct from each other. Additionally, at a glance I know the output qualities of a file without opening it.

post-89840-0-54296000-1335044796_thumb.j

The final steps include renaming each file using a tag type system similar to GrumpyMonkey (date - tag - tag - tag) and then dragging the file into Evernote.

How do you manage your scanning with your ScanSnap?

Thanks for the information, my setup is just about the same as your, sure make life easy. One tip I will pass along for what it is worth. On the paper selection tap, mine is also set to "automatic detection" and then at the bottom you will see Multifeed Detection, if I remember correctly the default is "check length." I have changed mine to "none" the reason being, if you have a long page mixed in with standard paper, sometime it will hang on the last one half inch of the long page, and you get the message "continue with scan?" By changing this to none this problem does not happen and so far, never a hiccup. Using Evernote and ScanSnap daily!!

Regard,

David in Wichita

Thanks for the information, my setup is just about the same as your, sure make life easy. One tip I will pass along for what it is worth. On the paper selection tap, mine is also set to "automatic detection" and then at the bottom you will see Multifeed Detection, if I remember correctly the default is "check length." I have changed mine to "none" the reason being, if you have a long page mixed in with standard paper, sometime it will hang on the last one half inch of the long page, and you get the message "continue with scan?" By changing this to none this problem does not happen and so far, never a hiccup. Using Evernote and ScanSnap daily!!

Regard,

David in Wichita

My Multifeed Detection setting is set to "Check Overlapping (Ultrasonic)". This allows for documents of different lengths to be scanned together and still catch those that got stuck to each other during the scanning process.

Archived