Picture ➔ PDF

Godzdude

Hello,

I am fairly new to Evernote, and love it dearly so far. I have found many useful things in the "Trunk." But, I'm still in search for something, and maybe you can help.

I'm looking for something that will take my pictures i put into evernote, and convert them to PDF, so I can select and copy text. Let's say, I take a picture of a homework assignment, and I need to copy a portion of the paper. If I just take a picture, the text becomes searchable, but you can't select it, at least not that I know of. Do you know of anything that can help me in this area? Thanks!

Evernote does not convert to text. The indexing it uses for images produces a tree of possibilities. IOW ,an image of the word house may show up when searching for horse. If you want to OCR your handwritten pages, you'll need to get your own OCR program.

Hello,

I am fairly new to Evernote, and love it dearly so far. I have found many useful things in the "Trunk." But, I'm still in search for something, and maybe you can help.

I'm looking for something that will take my pictures i put into evernote, and convert them to PDF, so I can select and copy text. Let's say, I take a picture of a homework assignment, and I need to copy a portion of the paper. If I just take a picture, the text becomes searchable, but you can't select it, at least not that I know of. Do you know of anything that can help me in this area? Thanks!

Godzdude, do you have a scanner? I recommend the ScanSnap S1500 or S1500M if you have a Mac. They each come with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro for their relavent operating systems. Acrobat Pro will OCR your pictures like you want. Considering that the program cost $200+ alone, buying the scanner bundled with the software is worthwhile. By the way, Acrobat 9 Pro works great on OS X Lion, if you're a Mac user. They key is to install all the updates.

Sounds like you might be using your smart phone's camera to capture documents on the fly and importing into EN, such as taking pictures of notes at the end of class. You could do this and then when you got home, you could right click the photo in EN and open with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, make your changes to the photo (convert to PDF and OCR), and then click save. The note would then save all the changes right into EN.

I'm mainly talking about the printed papers that teachers hand out in class. Teachers are always giving my homework assignments on a printed sheet of paper. I'll look into Adobe Pro. I currently have a Canon MP620, which I got with my Mac three years ago. Do you know if it will work fine with the scanner included with my printer?

Archived