HOWTO: Cloud Print for Evernote

Patrick74

Hello everyone,

Longtime Evernote user, but I'm new to the forums so apologies if this is somewhere that I missed when searching.

I just setup my printer for Google Cloud Print, and I'm wondering if Evernote has the ability to work with that very helpul feature. This would be for printing to my printer when I'm not on my home wifi, but when I'm at the local javahouse, etc.

I know there's an obvious work-around (import note into Google Docs and print from there)--but I was hoping someone had an easier answer.

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

Longtime Evernote user, but I'm new to the forums so apologies if this is somewhere that I missed when searching.

I just setup my printer for Google Cloud Print, and I'm wondering if Evernote has the ability to work with that very helpul feature. This would be for printing to my printer when I'm not on my home wifi, but when I'm at the local javahouse, etc.

I know there's an obvious work-around (import note into Google Docs and print from there)--but I was hoping someone had an easier answer.

Thank you

Not sure if this helps you or not but there is a way to setup printing to your home printer from anywhere using dropbox.

For most platforms http://lifehacker.com/5652311/print-files-on-your-printer-from-any-phone-or-remote-computer-via-dropbox

and for Mac users (i use this and it was very easy to do) http://lifehacker.com/5653084/print-files-from-any-phone-or-remote-computer-via-dropbox-mac-edition

• 4 months later...

I'd like to request this also.

I just installed Cloud Print on my Asus Tranformer and when copying Evernote info into another application to print it messes up the formatting (it strips some of the carriage returns so I spent 5 more minutes editing the document I had already typed into Evernote.)

Thanks,

Jase

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, I've try hitting the Share button and selecting Google Cloud Print to test this feature.

However, on the printed page, a big "Welcome to Evernote" window is placed over the note, so you can't read it entirely.

How can I prevent that window to appear when using Google Cloud Print?

Thanks but can you access Google Cloud Print even from the Android browser?

Looks like you can.  There is an app in Google Play Store for Google Cloud Print.  I just went to a page in Chrome on my Galaxy S3, tapped the Menu button and then selected Share.  One of the "Share" options was Google Cloud Print.  Selected that and all of my Cloud Printer options came up, including my little HP 1000 that I print to.

I have read this thread and I still am uncertain how to go about printing from Evernote to Google Cloud Print from an iPad or iPhone.

I read the print from Dropbox suggestion but while it is helpful it is a bit too clunky for me.

I sow times copy and paste into another application but as someone mentioned the formatting gets messed up and it can take some time to clean up the formatting before printing.

Someone mentioned using Share but unfortunately I cannot see that Evernote for iOS devices has a share button.

There was also a suggestion to use the Evernote web app but unfortunately the Chrome store foes not support iOS devices.

Am I missing something? I cannot believe that there is no way to do what I want to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've try hitting the Share button and selecting Google Cloud Print to test this feature.

However, on the printed page, a big "Welcome to Evernote" window is placed over the note, so you can't read it entirely.

How can I prevent that window to appear when using Google Cloud Print?

I'm having the exact same issue, where a "Welcome to Evernote" is superimposed over my note, making it unreadable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 1 year later...
It's a workaround... and my wifi isn't currently working correctly so I can't definately test this out BUT there is an app that's meant to be able to print Evernote notes:

There's a free version too...

I'll keep you up to date on whether this works out for me.

Evernote REALLY should have a print button - it's ludicrous it doesn't.

I'm a BIG fan of Evernote and becoming a bigger fan BUT this is really not cool not being able to print from Android.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  There are dozens of remote printer apps for Android,  and my Epson printer has cloud print connections of its own - have you checked out any other possible solutions?  If you're printing from an Evernote note you will presumably also have access to the note directly on the chromebook or any other device connected to your account and to the printer...?

• 1 year later...

Why it is so difficult to Evernote, I don't want install 3rd party printing apps for print form my Android phone? Almost every app can print straight to any wifi printer in open wifi where you are, but Evernote lacks that option.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Ernold said:

Why it is so difficult to Evernote, I don't want install 3rd party printing apps for print form my Android phone? Almost every app can print straight to any wifi printer in open wifi where you are, but Evernote lacks that option.

I'm not an Android user, but my method for printing on my ipad is

IMG_1590.PNG.6270539f0387bbd375c904afeb2fa1f8.thumb.PNG.3eadf077a50b59b9b40c3810544081fa.PNG    IMG_1591.thumb.PNG.3e667c8b32fd69cb61d0e163e8c94c63.PNG

This isn't an Evernote function; the printing is built into the OS

• Level 5
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

My method for printing on my ipad

Well, yes, but the post was about Android! @Ernold, I don't find it all that easy to print from many apps on my Android phone; but Evernote does make it next to impossible. There has been some discussion about this in the Android Help forum. Specifically, there is a suggestion or two in this thread:

Also, a 3rd-party service (not app) for converting EN notes to PDF here:

But all this does remain in the realm of workarounds and kludges.

I have almost quit using Evernote because of this. I keep saving stuff to Evernote, but don't go back to it because I'm also either bookmarking it or saving it to googledocs, which I can print easily from. I suppose I could search out a third party app for printing, but I'll probably use my time to move away from Evernote. Make things work for me easily, or I'll move on.

I have had to use workaround by sharing document or pic to my Dropbox andprint it from Dropbox. Now I'm going to try out Dropbox or Google Docs toreplace Evernote totally because I have been waiting now something like three years for Evernote to solve this Android Phone printing. Alternatives have improved pretty much same level with Evernote if I only teach myself new routines how to use Dropbox or Google Docs instead.

I have paid my Premium to Evernote for good product but now they act like companies  Nokia Phone, Blackberry  or Agfa and stuck in old glory days of company.

• Level 5

I suspect (though of course I don't know; I'm just another user) that improved printing might remain a somewhat low priority because Evernote is primarily designed for taking notes that will ultimately be incorporated into something else, or simply stored as is, rather than becoming fully formatted documents for printing. Particularly notes created on a phone (at least my phone) seem generally too primitive or unformatted to print. But I'll admit that there have been a couple of occasions when I wanted to print from EN on my phone and was frustrated.

Of course, people use Evernote in so many different ways, and I'd be interested in knowing, @Ernold and @ReneeAnn, what kinds of notes you're creating on your phones that you frequently want to print. I might get more ideas about what I could do!

Good comment @Dave-in-Decatur,

You got me thinking do I need Evernote at all.

I have had in Evernote personal to do lists, temp customer device S/N's, part numbers, device dismantle pic's, photos of thermal printed bills and receipts, shopping lists for home and my workshop, etc.

All those are handy but not necessity and printing from phone is not matter of life and death. My point is if other apps like Dropbox can print from android phone,why that feature is so overwhelming to get in Evernote too

Recipes. A paper recipe notebook is still the best option for the kitchen. And, sometimes I need to print out something to hand to the doctor. He's not going to read something on my phone. Instead of making us do something they way they want, try adding this simple option because we want it. I just downloaded OneNote this morning and will give it a try. I will spend my time on getting rid of Evernote. I've waited long enough for this simple feature. And, the clipper for Chrome iPad should be improved to have most of the app features. When I clip, why can't I create a new notebook to put it in at the time of clipping? Frustrated. Done.

On Note wouldn't work well in Android. 

Google Keep might be The App if user don't mind of sharing all notes with BigBrother Google who sells your intrests to highest bidder. 

I keep searching and testing apps for now. 

Let us know what you find. One Note's Chrome Clipper is sooooo much better than Evernote's. It clipped cleanly with nice options and printed easily from Chrome on a Chromebook and from Chrome on my iPad. I can do without it on my android phone, although it would be nice. Keep won't let me organize notebooks, so won't work for many things. I do use it for quick notes, though. But, I may be switching to OneNote for that, too, because it is more easily organized. This is the only Microsoft product I've ever liked. Lol. It's not perfect, but better than Evernote.

• Level 5

I can see how printing would be a necessity in these cases. For myself, if I really need to print something I've created in EN on my phone, I e-mail it to my HP printer's dedicated e-mail address; or print the note from Evernote on my desktop computer. Obviously, that's still a workaround.

1375636.jpg?5OqzT2zQIjYl

EVERNOTE • 397 ANSWERS • 100% HELPFUL

Hello, 

My name is Jacob, I am an Evernote Community Leader and part of the Evernote Expertise Network. 

Unfortunately printing from an Android phone is not currently possible. I would suggest emailing a copy of the note to yourself and printing that way, however that will not be possible if you don't have an internet connection. 

If you would like to request this as a feature you can do so on the Evernote Feature Request forum here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/304-evern... 

Cheers, 
Jacob

Gazumped's link shows a workaround to print from an android phone from chrome and it worked for me on my Pixel phone. Here is the answer from that thread. I tried it from OneNote and it did not work. But, overall, I'm more impressed with OneNote and can easily print from my Chromebook or iPad, so I'm moving to OneNote because the Clipper is so much better. We shouldn't have to ask for these basic features.

"

Hello @vichitravirdwivedi,

While this is not an option through the Evernote application directly, you can accomplish printing from your Android device by doing the following:

- Set up a Google Cloud Printer and download the Google Cloud Print application from the Google Play Store.
 - Go into the note you want to print inside of the Evernote application on your Android device.
 - Once inside the note go up to the top right of the Evernote application and tap on the three dots and the side menu will pop up.
 - Select Share > Post a link > Copy URL.
 - Go into Chrome on your device and paste the link in the URL bar and the note should load up after pressing enter.
 - Tap on the three dots in the right corner and choose Print.
 - Select the printer and print."

Archived