(Archived) BUG: Evernote crashes when open an embedded PDF file with an external app

matio

Idea

Hi! I'm using Evernote on OSX Lion (10.7.3) under Japanese Language environment.

Recently I found that Evernote crashes whenever I open an embedded PDF file with an external app such as Preview.app.

This happened with several versions of Evernote.app (3.0.6 or 3.1.0 Beta 1, etc)

I also tried cleanup of the existing app and all the related data in Library directory from my computer then reinstall from scratch and synced data from the cloud.

However this won't fix the problem.

I cannot figure out what is root cause of this problem.

Does anyone have the same situation?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi! I'm using Evernote on OSX Lion (10.7.3) under Japanese Language environment.

Recently I found that Evernote crashes whenever I open an embedded PDF file with an external app such as Preview.app.

This happened with several versions of Evernote.app (3.0.6 or 3.1.0 Beta 1, etc)

I also tried cleanup of the existing app and all the related data in Library directory from my computer then reinstall from scratch and synced data from the cloud.

hi. welcome to the forums. i am also working in a japanese environment using an mbp bought in japan, and i am not seeing that behavior, and i use lots and lots of pdfs. this suggests that it is not necessarily an evernote problem, or a japanese one, but perhaps one with the pdf or the preview app. does this happen with every pdf?

I'm having the same problem. I've been having this problem ever since 3.0 update, and filed support requests twice. It didn't get resolved, and I suspect that it will never get resolved. That's what kept me away from using evernote, despite my ~4G note data and a paid account.

hi. welcome to the forums. i am also working in a japanese environment using an mbp bought in japan, and i am not seeing that behavior, and i use lots and lots of pdfs. this suggests that it is not necessarily an evernote problem, or a japanese one, but perhaps one with the pdf or the preview app. does this happen with every pdf?

I don't think it is a Japanese environment thing since I'm in English. But it does crash for every pdf, and not necessarily only for preview.app, but all other pdf viewers.

Archived