Internship/Job Search

MC_Otter

So college students obviously has the goal of eventually getting a job. But a lot of us hope to find a part time job or internship related to our field while we are still earning our degree. For me, I have a notebook dedicated to my internship and job search. I'll end up with several notes for each application. Usually one for the actual application, one with any essays required, another for recommendations, etc. I tag each note with the name of the place I'm applying to to keep them all together. I'll also clip web sites with internship information to the notebook.

How do you use Evernote to organize and streamline your application processes?

Ineidert,

I do often use the Web Clipper to clip different postings that I find about jobs and internships. I can say that I have recently accepted an internship that I had clipped into my Internship notebook, so I guess you could say it's paying off! I would definitely say that it has paid off in other ways as well. Especially when it comes to internships, there are always going to be essays as a part of the application. A lot of them are very similar to each other. Since I have all of my application information in the same place, I don't necessarily have to rewrite each essay from scratch. I can just adjust them. A lot of the information on different applications will be the same in general as well. Having everything in one place can make it a lot easier to go through a lot of applications in less time.

Megan

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to reply!

Archived