(Archived) REQUEST: Import folder on Mac

mrh

Idea

6 replies to this idea

This doesn't exist for Mac. If you search the Mac forum for "import folder," you'll find previous discussion on the topic. Though I don't do this (so I can't vouch for it from personal use), it seems a third-party solution replicates this functionality. I think the best discussion of this substitute is the third page of this conversation: http://discussion.ev...s/page__st__40. Look for posts by Veritrope. I believe the link you'll be looking for is: http://veritrope.com...esktop-folder/.

Any EN employee here who can tell us when or if this feature will ever be included in the native client?

We really need this and I'm afraid it is another example of the OS X client lagging behind (or never reaching) what the Windows client can do.

I know about the Apple scripts and I have used them but not everyone is comfortable with using these tools and I don't think they should have to.

As a work around I'm using Folder Import on my work Windows machine, and then syncing my EN DB back to my Mac. Not ideal and not an option open to those 'lucky' enough to use both Windows and Apple.

Please Evernote, add this feature.

• Level 5*

I know about the Apple scripts and I have used them but not everyone is comfortable with using these tools and I don't think they should have to.

In general I agree that Evernote should provide the same features for EN Mac as in EN Win.

"Import Folder" is just one of many missing features in EN Mac.

Having said that I will add this about using the AppleScript for Import Folder:

1. It is easy to install
  2. It is easy to use
  3. It can be easily modified to suit your needs
    • For example, I modified the script to set the Note Created Date to the File Created Date.
    • Can't do this using EN Win

Archived