(Archived) Two Questions

Hey all:

I am a first-year law student and am using Evernote to manage my notes and whatnot for classes. However, I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there any way to archive notebooks yet? I searched the board and found people had asked for this, but no one seemed to have a particularly good way to do it. I have 3 classes this semester, and I want to use Evernote for some other research work as well, but without the ability to archive, my notebook list will get to be far too large.

2) Is there any way to fix the extra line insertion when I use bullets? The fact that I cannot have bullets right under the title of that list is a great annoyance to me.

Thanks for the help.

-Justin

1) The storage for your notebooks grows every month, so you don't strictly need to archive and delete anything. However, if you wanted to do so to "tidy up", you'll be able to do so in the next release of the Mac and Windows clients. They will add an "export" function which will be able to export a set of notes into a simple XML file format that will work across different versions of our clients. This format is intended to be easy to manipulate by third party tools developers, too, so you could convert this to/from other applications as needed. (This features has taken a little longer than we originally planned as we worked to get it right, but we think it will be worth the wait...)

2) Which interface are you using when you edit bullets? We have different editing engines on the Mac, Windows, and web UIs. In all cases, however, we're producing a form of HTML for our notes. Most HTML editors and viewers tend to put a little whitespace before and after a set of bullets.

We're hoping to release the next client updates in 3-4 weeks, but we're pushing a lot of good stuff in there with aggressive scheduling, so don't paste this back at me if we miss that by a week. ;-)

Archived