(Archived) HELP: Stability and editor problems

EffBee

Idea

Hi,

first of all, I use Evernote on the Mac and iOS devices every day and love the concept. Unfortunately, I experience a couple of strange problems on the Mac (Lion) and want to know, whether the problem is entirely on my side or others meet the same issues.

1) Stability on export/import by drag'n'drop

Export and importing binary files by drag and drop (PDF, MS Office-Documents, photos) causes Evernote crashing quite often. Repeating the same operation after restart sometimes works - but in some cases I have to try it several times. As it finally works and I experience this behavior with very different files, I don't believe this to be an issue with the file itsself.

I usually sent the error-logs, when online.

2) Lists

List behave rather strange sometimes. Inserting an list item sometimes breaks the list into two and I have to reconnect every line by "backspace-backspace-return".

In some cases, I can't remove an empty list entry at the end of the list, the list marker just stays there.

It seems to get worse, when I copied the lists from other programms (Office, Mail...)

3) Inserting Text

Inserting text at a defined position is sometimes not possible. The Text is not always put in at the position I set the cursor before, when I start typing.

When I Insert Text below a certain line and press enter at the end of the line, sometimes this line even moves above the former line!

This happens rather often when working with horizontal lines from the text-menu.

Another big wish from my side: is it possible to support (Multi-)Markdown as an alternative form? A simple switch could choose the method for every note and even convert the content in both directions... This would IMHO make the exchange with any text application much more easy and reliable across all platforms...

Besides this - thank you for your good work and best regards!

-fb-

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived