(Archived) REQUEST: Print smaller

fbx

Idea

I scan a note into Evernote, a sheet of 8.5 x 11" paper, or a grocery receipt. When I later try to print, the grocery receipt is way bigger than the original and the letter-size paper takes at least two sheets to print.

What kind of thing is this? Is it just me? I've checked all settings but can find no way to correct.

Why does it just print at the size of the scanned in document?

VERY FRUSTRATED AND ALREADY LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

hi. welcome to the user forums!

i think it is fair to say that printing is not evernote's strength, and you might not find all of the options you could find in a word processor, for example.

i have to admit that i rarely print my notes, so i cannot say how evernote handles attachments when printing. however, it is my understanding that evernote prints the attachment exactly as it is, so if you scan big you will print big.

if you open the attachment in adobe, though (right click) you ought to have no problem adjusting the print settings.

alternatively, perhaps exporting as a pdf file and then printing would get your note + attachment info to display as you want.

When I later try to print, the grocery receipt is way bigger than the original and the letter-size paper takes at least two sheets to print.

I too noticed this and thought how odd. I took the rather large receipt to the store anyway and the store cashier scanned it fine; enabling me to return the items to my debit card. It seems as though this request is odd in that it's a given -- why doesn't the note print at original size? Why should I have to right click (PC) over the note, in the right reading pane, choose "open with" Reader or Acrobat, to print original size on one sheet?

Archived