(Archived) Exclude Images from Search?

Is there a way to exclude the images from a search, e.g., from the search bar. For example, I wanted to look for notes that contained "rtm" today. I ended up with over a dozen notes, only 2 of which actually contained the term. The rest were false positives, all caused by the image searches. If I could do something like "rtm image=no" in the search bar, I could very easily reduce the amount of false positives that I have to wade through.

This would let me keep the image indexing on, because who knows, one day it might be useful.

Much appreciated.

Not really ... you can exclude notes from the results that contain *any* images by adding this to the search:

-resource:image/*

But I don't think is quite what you're looking for, since this would exclude web pages which happen to have icons in them.

What type of images are these that are generating so many "false positive" matches? I.e. are these scanned docs with a lot of words in them, or just random pictures from a camera, etc.?

Thanks

What type of images are these that are generating so many "false positive" matches? I.e. are these scanned docs with a lot of words in them, or just random pictures from a camera, etc.?

They're all just images from the web, or screenshots. No scanned documents. No camera images. I'll post a few examples (remember that my search term was "rtm"):

Search picked up a bunch of the little boxes:

post-1775-131906062473_thumb.jpg

Search picked up the word "mix" at the bottom of the window:

post-1775-131906062474_thumb.png

search picked up the letters "ands":

post-1775-131906062476_thumb.png

It would be really nice to be able to have the search ignore the terms found in the images. I've not yet had much luck with the "OCR" capabilities for my images.

Ok, thanks. If your false positives were all in one type of image (e.g. JPG), you could filter out just notes with that type, but it looks like you have a variety.

Yup. I just always get a lot of false positives from the images. Hence my request for a way to exclude that "text-recognition/OCR" stuff from some searches. If it gets really bad, I'll have to turn off the image recognition altogether, but that smacks of "baby and the bathwater" to me. :)

Archived