(Archived) Prompt to save on close??

The desktop applications save the note multiple times while you are editing them, to prevent you from losing data while you are typing a long note. This means that by the time you quit the app, or switch to another note, the note you are editing has usually already been saved.

It's not so much the idea of losing data as it is saving changes you don't want. In the process of getting all my data setup in EN, I've worked with some of my notes where I made some changes then ended up deciding not to keep them and instead of remembering to keep hitting the undo button until I get back to where I started, I hit the X and ended up saving changes I didn't want. Having a simple way to save info is a great idea, but I think EN maybe a little to easy :) .

Thanks

Grinch843......

Having a simple way to save info is a great idea, but I think EN maybe a little to easy

Yes this can be a problem, but I think you have the wrong solution. 'Saving' files is IMO just a hangover from outdated user interface metaphors. We shouldn't even have to know about anything called 'files' (which are just computer implementation details).

The ultimate solution would be for Evernote to have a version history and diff/merge/revert function. No idea if they're working on such a thing (they probably have bigger and fresher fish to fry), but it would be the way to go.

The ultimate solution would be for Evernote to have a version history and diff/merge/revert function. No idea if they're working on such a thing (they probably have bigger and fresher fish to fry), but it would be the way to go.

Yup, thought of that. Would be worth looking into, but for right now I figure a simple Yes/No when closing a note would be much easier to implement.

Grinch843......

Archived