(Archived) REQUEST: Linking one note inside another

I would like to link one note inside another note.

For example,say I am writing the following line,

"Then they all started dancing, singing..."

Now say, I have a note named dancing, and I want to make the word dancing click-able, which will take me to that note.

Is it possible already?

Hi iamcreasy, welcome to the forum :)

The feature that you describe is not available currently. Right now, you have to right click the note, and choose copy note link.

Then paste it into the other note.

I am curious as to how this would be achieved, since note links are generated when you sync.

En would also have to search for every word (or combination of words) that you write, which could slow things down as well.

That's the way I see it anyway...

Scott

You can create a note called "dancing" & then use the note link feature, which is available in the Windows client, but not yet rolled out on all clients. It's often helpful if you mention the client(s) you're using and/or pose the question in that section.

Hi iamcreasy, welcome to the forum :)

The feature that you describe is not available currently. Right now, you have to right click the note, and choose copy note link.

Then paste it into the other note.

I am curious as to how this would be achieved, since note links are generated when you sync.

En would also have to search for every word (or combination of words) that you write, which could slow things down as well.

That's the way I see it anyway...

Scott

I just found a way to do that. It just like you said, starting with Copy Note Lin > then pasting the linked text > changing the green text. :P

weird, but it works :)

Note. I am using windows client.

You can create a note called "dancing" & then use the note link feature, which is available in the Windows client, but not yet rolled out on all clients. It's often helpful if you mention the client(s) you're using and/or pose the question in that section.

You guys are fast :P I was thinking of editing my first post.

I thought its just gonna be a feature request, hence the selection of general category.

I didn't know different clients are with different feature set.

I thought its just gonna be a feature request, hence the selection of general category.

Yep. Even if you think the Mac and Windows clients "should" be the same, you can imagine that the Windows client will never be the same as the iPhone client.

Yep. Even if you think the Mac and Windows clients "should" be the same, you can imagine that the Windows client will never be the same as the iPhone client.

I assumed that might be a possibility :P

Yeah wiki-like extentions would be awesome. I've proposed a number of variations of this. It's not near as cumbersome to code for in the Evernote system as this thread would lead you to believe. There are a few iOS apps that implement it beautifully.

Wiki-type connections are the ultimate in note applications IMHO providing an almost infinite 'workflow' network.

the present note links are great cept that unlike wiki's you have to generate them continuously.

• 1 month later...

One problem to wiki-type links would be that multiple notes can have the same title. That doesn't mean wiki-type links can never be implemented, but I imagine they'd have to work in a way that takes that fact into account.

• 2 months later...

My dream is: select text in a note, right click for contextual menù and click on "link to note". This should open a list of all note that match the selected word in tags, title or content (automatic search).From this list I could select the note to connect or even choose one from all my notes.

This should be much more easy and fast than click on the other note (that also change the working note in the right panel) copy the note link , back to the starting note and a Hyperlink to a word using the copied local note link (Windows).

Moreover this shoul be not a local link but a web link. Don't u think?

Byee

Archived