(Archived) Any interest in an additional 'email to Evernote' format?

The current allowance to append

@notebook #tag1 #tag2 ...

to the subject line when emailing to your email account is nice, however I can't do that when I'm emailing a client and wish to bcc to my evernote account, as the client will see this extra information.

What would be nice is to have an invisible method of specifying the destination notebook and tag such as putting this information in the evernote email address.

For example:

johnsmith.63a31e+business#tunnelproject#vegas@m.evernote.com

• Level 5*

Until/If Evernote adds this feature, you can just go to your Sent Items folder and forward to Evernote.

I do this all the time and it works well. Also allows me to add comments to the email that I don't want the email recipients to see.

Yes, that's what I do now and agree it works well, however because it's an extra step I sometimes forget to do it. It somewhat feels more intuitive to send to the client and your own records in one step.

I love the first poster's idea! :) What's needed until then is a rules/filters setup that changes the subject line. So here's a crazy workaround:

1) Forward it to yourself with an appended email -- e.g., yourusername+EN-notebookname@gmail.com

2) Create a filter that autoforwards an email sent to yourusername+EN-notebookname@gmail.com to EN with @notebookname appended to the subject.

Uh-oh: there's no subject-appending that I can see in Gmail's filtering. Ugh... :o

Hello, we are building a service that simplifies forwarding emails straight into your notebook.

It would address the Bcc challenge discussed in this thread and make it really easy to forward email from your phone (without having to type @Notebook).

If anyone wanted to learn more and test it out please email me: alexey at yoxel dot com

-Alexey

• Level 5*

Hello, we are building a service that simplifies forwarding emails straight into your notebook.

It would address the Bcc challenge discussed in this thread and make it really easy to forward email from your phone (without having to type @Notebook).

If anyone wanted to learn more and test it out please email me: alexey at yoxel dot com

-Alexey

hi. by "we" you mean a third party developer. could you clarify your company affiliation and maybe tell us a bit more about how your service works? thanks!

Archived