Social Folders

GHall

• Level 5

I've got too many important documents and notes in my Evernote to consider sharing with a relatively unknown 3rd party developer, especially one that specializes in Social Media.

• Level 5*

I've got too many important documents and notes in my Evernote to consider sharing with a relatively unknown 3rd party developer, especially one that specializes in Social Media.

I've gotta agree with this. Nothing against third party developers, but until I get control over their access (down to the level of "you can view folder x but not folder y") then no one gets access. Read Daniel Gold's blog post for a real life misadventure by one of our forum members (I cannot seem to find it at the moment).

Again, I totally support third party developers, but I think it is in everyone's interest to give user's these controls. Once I get them, I'll be signing up for all sorts of services :)

Evernote's ads are the only ones that I am interested in seeing - well-targeted ads aren't annoying :)

I've disabled the Evernote ads but it's interesting that everytime I log into Evernote (Windows) it spend some time sync'ing the ads that I will never see.

• Level 5*

Evernote's ads are the only ones that I am interested in seeing - well-targeted ads aren't annoying :)

I've disabled the Evernote ads but it's interesting that everytime I log into Evernote (Windows) it spend some time sync'ing the ads that I will never see.

hahaha. just in case :)

I was intrigued by this 3rd party development but have to agree with everyone so far. I trust Evernote quite a bit. It would take something monumental for me to put that level of trust in a 3rd party app.

• Level 5*

I was intrigued by this 3rd party development but have to agree with everyone so far. I trust Evernote quite a bit. It would take something monumental for me to put that level of trust in a 3rd party app.

well-said. the alternative to having to place your trust blindly into them is to simply give us more control over what we share, the same way we share notebooks. people can only see what is in the notebooks we decide to share, instead of having to accept their terms of read all / read none.

Archived