(Archived) HELP: Three Problems with Shared Notes and Notebooks -- Any Solutions?

• Level 5*

Hi. I'm trying to share notes and notebooks, but I've run into three problems:

1. Shared notebooks don't display correctly on the iPad in any browser. I can't scroll and I can't view the entire note.

2. Shared notes have no margins. Any way to adjust them so that it displays better? For example, limiting the line lengths to 75 or so and allowing for margins.

3. Shared notes take forever to load sometimes.

Can anyone suggest any solutions?

• Level 5*

FWIW you could try PDF files, or saving text in a JPG - that should get you round 1 and 2. Slight drawback - the interactive option is pretty much off the table; you need sharees with a fair bit of technical smarts to alter and resave your content, or to generate something more up to date of their own.

As for 3 - I've had the same experience, but have no clue as to explanation or fix..

• Level 5*

FWIW you could try PDF files, or saving text in a JPG - that should get you round 1 and 2. Slight drawback - the interactive option is pretty much off the table; you need sharees with a fair bit of technical smarts to alter and resave your content, or to generate something more up to date of their own.

As for 3 - I've had the same experience, but have no clue as to explanation or fix..

Thanks for the suggestion!

I hadn't even thought of making PDFs. In this case, the whole point of the notebooks / notes would be so that I could update them fairly easily by just modifying the note. Having to go through several stages in order to arrive at a PDF kind of defeats the purpose. It's not impossible, but it isn't ideal.

I hadn't even considered that as a possibility, though, so at least now I am aware of my options!

Archived