(Archived) Rhyme or Reason?

Mursmaid

I like to clip articles on mt Macbook Pro and read them on my ipad later - often when I have no web access. Sometimes they are exact copies (including images) of the web page, but sometimes they are just URLs that have to be opened in Safarri. This makes Web Clipper useless to me if I am on a plane or somewhere that has no internet access. Am I missing somethimg? Why the discrepency in formats?

I like to clip articles on mt Macbook Pro and read them on my ipad later - often when I have no web access. Sometimes they are exact copies (including images) of the web page, but sometimes they are just URLs that have to be opened in Safarri. This makes Web Clipper useless to me if I am on a plane or somewhere that has no internet access. Am I missing somethimg? Why the discrepency in formats?

I usually notice this when I 'share' to Evernote via the browser on my phone (it only saves the url) but on the Mac, I get the page.

• Level 5*

I think it depends on how you are clipping.

On the Mac, if you clip you need to make sure you are clipping the entire article and not just the URL. Sometimes it decides one thing and you want another, and this changes without notice, so you have to glance down and confirm each time.

In Safari on the iPhone, copy the entire page, then click the icon to email the link, but before emailing, paste in the web page. Alternatively, download iCab Mobile and use the web clipper there!

• Level 5*

Thanks for the help. I usually just hit the "Clip" button in Safari (on my Mac). I hadden't realized there were optional ways to save. I'll be more observant and see what happens.. :)

glad i could help. usually it gets what i want, but sometimes it will just default to url or a section of the page. it must be triggered by something, but i don't know what it is.

Archived