(Archived) Adding text to an existing pdf note

wislndixie

Is it possible to open a note in pdf format and add text to it? Here's an example. I just registered with the Postal Service website so I could print shipping lables. I got an email welcome letter with instructions on how to use the site along with my "username". I printed out the email to adobe and saved it into EN. I then thought how could I just add my password into the note so it would be there along with my username, but I can't find a way to do this (if possible). Anyone have a suggestion?

• Level 5*

You should be able to right-click on a PDF attachment in its note, and use Open With... to edit it in a PDF editor, provided you have one configured (I don't so I can't test this, but it works for other file types).

• Level 5*

Is it possible to open a note in pdf format and add text to it? Here's an example. I just registered with the Postal Service website so I could print shipping lables. I got an email welcome letter with instructions on how to use the site along with my "username". I printed out the email to adobe and saved it into EN. I then thought how could I just add my password into the note so it would be there along with my username, but I can't find a way to do this (if possible). Anyone have a suggestion?

I think what you are asking is whether you can add text to a note that has a PDF attachment. Yes. Simply place your cursor above or below the PDF in the note and start typing. Alternatively, you could just put the password in the title.

• 11 months later...
  • Level 5*

I too have a question about adding text to a PDF note- my question is: The PDF takes up the whole note space, there is no cursor, and no room to position the cursor. When I click in the area I want the cursor, none shows up. What do I do about that?

Right-click on the PDF, and select "View as Attachment", and you'll have more room to add text.

Also, if you want to retain the PDF's first page preview in your note, you should be able to use Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End to move to a spot before and after the enlarged PDF rendering; just hit Enter at that point and you should be able to add text.

Archived