Integrations (Trunk)

I'll start... I am really into my Doxie for easy receipt scanning and/ or Shoeboxed on days when scanning is not going to happen! For a few bucks, I just ship my receipts off to Shoeboxed and they scan and upload to the cloud for me. For GTD/ To Dos I use Awesome Note for the two-way sync. A little buggy sometimes however. I have lost documents (recovered with Evernote Note History feature), in the sync. There are some cool To Do lists with two-way sync in the App Store (for iPhone users) right now that I am going to try out.

Of course I like the official Evernote integrations. Hello and Food are ingenious. I started using Hello more during SXSW and was a life saver. My favorite part about Evernote is the life stream concept, so scrolling through and seeing people that I met, remembering good food memories, while procrastinating (I mean working) on a presentation provides some needed balance to life.

I really dig the Scanbizcards integration, because I get business cards all the time and can never find them again.

Livescribe is really great. I don't think I have a regular pen/paper around anymore.

And I use the Quickoffice integration pretty much every day, since I have a lot of docs/spreadsheets.

@lindseycholmes From a support standpoint, there's a bug with AwesomeNote right now and Hello/Food, so be careful with that (it may make your Hello/Food notes not readable anymore by those apps. AN is aware and working on it.)

• 2 weeks later...

I've not checked the trunk lately - something I have to do today - but the tools I use most with Evernote are:

• Fujitsu Scansnap S1300 for scanning all my receipts, lab reports, bills, everything I can put my hands on.
  • My trash can for all the paper I scan into Evernote with the Scansnap.
  • Android phone for mobile access and quick snapshot. I love the new speech-to-text feature!
  • Samsung printer for dealing with people that don't use Evernote :wacko:

I would use Hello and Food but alas, there is no Android version... yet. Thanks for the nudge back into the trunk to see what's new.

• 3 months later...

What's the work around for all the manual work that has to be done on the data extracted by Shoeboxed from business cards that is sent back to you? See copy of my customer service email to Shoeboxed below. I didn't realize the amount of time I'd have to spend inputting urls and physical street addresses! What about using Doxie? Will it be the same issue?

To Shoeboxed Customer Service:

Emily If you look at my account you will note I have NOT used the account or your services since this disappointing response below indicating shoeboxed does no extract url. Please note on the business cards submitted shoeboxed also did not/does not extract physical address. Contrary to this shoeboxed policy MANY larger reputable Internet. based companies still need and use physical address. Angies List mails as well as emails but could not do so without physical addresses in their database. I hope you or someone there can explain the business sense of excluding url's and physical street addresses. As you can imagine if Ihave to go back and physically add BOTH of these in then I have come to the conclusion that it really isn't that much more work to enter the other card info as well....... which leads me to questions Why spend $360 a year on shoeboxed at all?

Respectfully a once very hopeful but now very disappointed shoeboxed customer

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Renee. I have to be honest with you, I don't use Shoeboxed for my bcards. I use cardmunch. Not Evernote-affiliated at all, but a great app and it integrates with LinkedIn. There is a new devcup app that just came out as well - Cardful by no means is it ready, but when/ if it is, it will do what we need it to. Good luck!

I just started using Traveling Mailbox. All of my mail goes to them and they scan everything in and I can view it in my online inbox. They just started adding integration tools with Evernote so I can use the email feature and have my PDF's sent directly to Evernote. I am completely paperless when it comes to my mail and I love it!

• Level 5*

I just started using Traveling Mailbox. All of my mail goes to them and they scan everything in and I can view it in my online inbox. They just started adding integration tools with Evernote so I can use the email feature and have my PDF's sent directly to Evernote. I am completely paperless when it comes to my mail and I love it!

That's great! Thanks for sharing that :)

Would you mind sharing screenshots? I did not know they had any integration with Evernote, and I'd be interested in seeing how it works.

Absolutely,

I am not sure if you call them necessarily integrated but they have a simple feature that allows you to send the scanned PDF's using the email feature into your Evernote account.

Step 1: Login to your account and click 'My Account' at the top right.

Step 2: Click the PDF2Email tab and enter in your Evernote information.

1195b29.png

Step 3: Return back to the Inbox page and there is an Email to Me link beside the Adobe PDF Image when the contents of an envelope have been scanned in.

55s5rn.png

Step 4: Just click Evernote and it will email the PDF to your Evernote account!

• 4 years later...

I know this thread is old but anyone that is looking for a virtual mail service that is integrated with Evernote check out physicaladdress.com.  They scan your mail and give you access to it from your computer or smartphone.  You also get a virtual business address.  They have full integration with Evernote.  Basically you can store all of your postal mail in your evernote account - pretty cool!  I've used it and it works flawlessly. 

• 2 years later...

Archived