(Archived) Homescreen widget note.

Solid

Good day.

I've just got started on using your app and it is remarkable. Downloaded your Evernote widget; didn't get any new widgets, only 2 duplicates. Anyway I was wondering if you could add a widget which is like the already built in note widget (in android, or at least my galaxy S2), except it is synchronized and get it's data from a note in Evernote.

Having a to-do list with the ability to update it from my computer, would be crazy awesome; a widget for my PC would be cool to.

Also will you be working on a linux version anytime?

• Level 5*

The 4x2 widget currently in beta has a 3 note preview; you can configure it to show the top 3 notes in a saved search, recent note, tag selection, notebook, etc.

If you're asking about a native Linux client, the impression that I have is that Evernote will not be making one (search the forums to find discussion on that topic; you should also know that Evernote does not usually pre-announce their development plans). There is a third-party client called NixNote, and I think that you can use Wine or a virtual machine to run the Windows version.

• 8 months later...
The 4x2 widget currently in beta has a 3 note preview; you can configure it to show the top 3 notes in a saved search, recent note, tag selection, notebook, etc.

This is great, thanks!

But, nevertheless, a special widget, that would show only one selected Note, maybe with features for editing checklists (tap to edit, button for quickadd, etc..) would be really awesome. Like Solid said.

I'm looking for a better way to sync my toDo lists (grocery, several prjects) with the desktop and having some more functionality for this inside evernote, would be really great!

Alternatively, a feature for treating certain subnotebooks as lists, with there individual notes as list-items would also be interesting.

This way, toDos could be highly customizable, checklist items could be tagged or sorted by date, check/uncheck/priorites could be realized with special tags, etc... also with a widget that shows the content of that notebook as a list.

Archived