(Archived) (Archived) How to unable editing / erase function ?

fabrice.pottier

Hello everybody !

I would like to lock my notes, but i cannot !

Do you know if it is possible to use Evernote for Android as a reader only ? Because i am looking for that :

Put PDF with computer on Evernote server, then searching and reading my PDF offline on my device with Evernote Android.

Can we do that ?

Can we unable editing or erase option from the app Evernote Android ?

Thank you for your help.

Fabrice

There is no way to "lock" notes. If you really wanted to, you could try something like creating a second account to use on your device. Then share your notebooks to the second account. But IDK if/how well sharing works on Android, so that would be the first thing to look at. And I'm not sure if notebooks shared to you can be used offline, either.

BTW, offline access to notes from a mobile device requires a premium account.

• Level 5*

hi fabrice. we cannot lock notes. but, it would be great if we could!

premium members get access to note histories, so that might address any concerns about accidentally messing up a note.

premium members also get offline note access, which of course, includes the ability to read pdfs :)

• Level 5*

The current Android client forces you to explicitly start the edit operation by clicking on a button, so this "problem" is currently not actually a problem. Don't click the button if you don't want to make changes.

• Level 5*

The current Android client forces you to explicitly start the edit operation by clicking on a button, so this "problem" is currently not actually a problem. Don't click the button if you don't want to make changes.

lol. we need to be saved from ourselves! i'd still like to lock some notes :)

but, to be honest, i haven't done anything particularly stupid yet, so i guess it is not a burning issue for me.

• Level 5*

I was thinking of what I seem to remember as a running Hee-Haw skit that had the format:

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do <X>".

Doctor: "Well, don't do <X>".

Archived