We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

(Archived) HOWTO: Move quickly to top of All Notes list

ATHiker95

Idea

Is there a command to move quickly to the top of the All Notes folder (or for that matter, any folder) ? When I open the desktop client, my list always seems to be centered somewhere down in the middle section and it takes a while to capture that sneaky scroll bar and move to the top of the list.

Thanks,

Mark

5 replies to this idea

What I was trying to figure out was where the home key was on my iMac wireless keyboard. After googling, I discovered it is Fn + the left arrow key. Not exactly intuitive. I guess other Mac keyboards actually have a "home" key? (This is my first Mac)

Thanks,

Mark

Yeah, I have an iMac with the full sized keyboard which includes the numeric keypad and it does have a home key. I usually just hit Option Up-Arrow to get to the top and Option Down-Arrow for the bottom of a list. See if that works on yours... it's a little easier to handle than FN-Left.

What I was trying to figure out was where the home key was on my iMac wireless keyboard. After googling, I discovered it is Fn + the left arrow key. Not exactly intuitive. I guess other Mac keyboards actually have a "home" key? (This is my first Mac)

If the keyboard is designed to be smaller to be more portable, even Windows keyboards eliminate some standard keys & replace them with a FN key combo. IE, my Acer netbook does not have a home key either. It's FN/Pg UP.

On the Windows client, you can press the home key. IDK if Mac has a similar option.

Same behavior on a Mac. As long as your focus is in the Notes pane, hitting the home key will bring you to the top.

Archived