(Archived) BUG: "Invalid Username or Password" when trying to sync

mjwtaylor

Idea

Hi guys,

Hope somebody can help me out here! When using Evernote on my Mac I try and sync and it fails and come up with a box stating "Invalid Username or Password". However, I have reset my password three times now and it still doesn't work. Also when logging in with my iPhone everything works fine...

Any ideas? Has anybody else encountered this problem? Any help much appreciated.

15 replies to this idea

Hmmm just tried reinstalling and had same problem. It's interesting as if I do enter incorrect details it stops immediately and says "Possible incorrect username or password", but with correct details it tries to sync and then the error appears...

I think I know what's going on. The password on the server has changed, but your local Evernote client is still letting you into your local files with your old password. We need to give you a nice clean prompt to type in your new password. Currently the flow is uhh "unfriendly"

I believe you need (cant verify since im just on my phone) to wait for the sync error. Type in your new password to the login window in the background, (sign in button I think doesn't do anything) and wait for a second while the password syncs and the quit the app. That should do the trick. Sorry about that, we're working on a fix

Hi,

I've found a temporary solution while the fix is released. This will reset all your data, so remember to backup all your info. (Although I didn't backup and all my notes where sync without problems, so, is up to you)

1) Close Evernote (completely)

2) Go to /Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences (e.g. If my user is edenshaw the final path would be /Users/edenshaw/Library/Preferences) To enter this path in Finder type cmd+shift+g

3) Delete the next files: (you can type evernote in the search field in Finder and select "Preferences" in the result of the search and the next files will be shown)

• com.evernote.Evernote.plist
  • com.evernote.Evernote.Thumbnailer.plist
  • com.evernote.Evernote.plist.lockfile
  • com.evernote.Evernote.Thumbnailer.plist.lockfile

4) Relaunch Evernote.

I've Lion 10.7.3 and Evernote version 3.0.6 (221382)

Hope it helps.

Regards.

E.

I believe 3.0.7 Beta 5 and 3.1.0 Beta 1 have something that addresses this issue. Please let me know if that doesn't work. We'll revisit if that's the case

Solved using Edenshaw's suggestion!

Thanks Edenshaw!

Hi,

I've found a temporary solution while the fix is released. This will reset all your data, so remember to backup all your info. (Although I didn't backup and all my notes where sync without problems, so, is up to you)

1) Close Evernote (completely)

2) Go to /Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences (e.g. If my user is edenshaw the final path would be /Users/edenshaw/Library/Preferences) To enter this path in Finder type cmd+shift+g

3) Delete the next files: (you can type evernote in the search field in Finder and select "Preferences" in the result of the search and the next files will be shown)

• com.evernote.Evernote.plist
  • com.evernote.Evernote.Thumbnailer.plist
  • com.evernote.Evernote.plist.lockfile
  • com.evernote.Evernote.Thumbnailer.plist.lockfile

4) Relaunch Evernote.

I've Lion 10.7.3 and Evernote version 3.0.6 (221382)

Hope it helps.

Regards.

E.

I had this problem too, login with user name (which I did not know I even had) allowed me access, although it then re-downloaded all my (several hundred) meg of data.

After this experience I am seriously considering going back to simple doc files synod via dropbox. I cannot be disconnected from my data when I rely on it for work.

Also the problem 'ticket' submission is confusing, long winded and a complete nightmare.

I had this problem too, login with user name (which I did not know I even had) allowed me access, although it then re-downloaded all my (several hundred) meg of data.

After this experience I am seriously considering going back to simple doc files synod via dropbox. I cannot be disconnected from my data when I rely on it for work.

Also the problem 'ticket' submission is confusing, long winded and a complete nightmare.

The need to re-down-sync your notes is a bug. Your notes are probably still no your computer, but due to a note migration failure they weren't showing up. This bug should be addressed in an upcoming release.

Archived