Using Evernote with a large business

I have been approached by a division of a large chemical company to help devise a strategy for using iPads for salespeople. I have my own iPad, and using Evernote is key to my sales method. Can a company create a notebook to be shared with its salesforce (~100 people), and control what goes into that notebook? Can it standardize tags used in that notebook?

Thanks

Phil

• Level 5*

it could. why not? i guess the question would be how sensitive the data is (evernote is about as secure as gmail) and what you plan to do with it. sharing information like corporate policies, documents, and so forth might be really useful.

• Level 5

You might end up trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole.

Be absolutely sure to run the Evernote concept past your IT people and senior management first.

I had a smaller sales group (25) and we relied on SalesForce.com - more expensive, but much more powerful and more flexible for the folks in the field.

Alliance - It can absolutely be done. Check out the Virtual Law & Policy Library I created for my client the Minority Media & Telecom Council - http://lch.bz/MMTCLibrary. They are a group of telecom and civil rights lawyers that needed quick access to forms, news releases, case files, etc, while also providing a repository of their info for the public. They have about 100 subscribers to their notebook. Your job is to devise a strategy that shows the benefit of Evernote (OCR, the fact that they get a free, easily maintained database, multi-platform access, etc) and create the methodology for tagging/ possibly labeling notes. The aim is to make the data quickly and easily accessible, so creating a tagging/ labeling system that lines up notes when sorting alphabetically and that utilizes tags when sorting by updated is key. The added benefit for them is the search.

Shared notebooks can be managed by one person or a 100, for collaboration, but I would suggest multiple notebooks. Maybe by team, department, project, etc.

Sorry for my absence folks. In the Time Warp aka SXSW. :) Hey Grumpy. Yep. I often use Keka on the mac to easily encrypt very sensitive data, but seeing the https usually sets my customers at ease as far as the transmission of sensitive docs. On my desktop I am also very careful to lock my Evernote.

• 1 month later...

Does Evernote allow its program to be used with a skin over it? What I mean by that is, if a company likes Evernote, and wants to use it only for business, can Evernote be rebranded as "Company X" app on the iPad? So it looks like salespeople are using a company developed program, and not one available to the masses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I work for a large corporation that apparently has many Evernote users. However, per our computing security policies, use of Evernote is not permitted for company use and the site is blocked by our firewall. Can anyone point me to examples of large corporations that have successfully implemented Evernote for internal use -- and have overcome the security concerns? Many thanks.

Archived