(Archived) Darn Android client erased my valuable note!

jnorman000

So this morning i wanted to add a quick line to a note that i have been updating daily for several months now. I thought it would do that "stupid little block thing" and then i could fix it later. Instead, when the note came up it was blank, I entered my data for today on the fly, and was done with it. I thought all was cool. I just got home to start working on notes on the desktop client and the entire note had been erased!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! My old data is not in the trash bin, it is not in conflicting changes, it is nowhere to be found. What the hell?? If I hadn't paid for this I might let it slide (and I certainly would be keeping my data elsehwere). Any thoughts? And possibility of salvage?

OMFG! that is brilliant!! i owe you one big time because you just recovered about two months of data points for me. i had no idea that feature even existed. i should take a class because obviously this "little charming app" has way more to it than meets the eye.

any idea why the android client would eat it? never had a problem with the ipad app or the desktop, but it seems the android on my droid x is best used as a "view only" client.

No idea why the problem occurred.

It would be worthwhile to see if the problem is reproducible on a copy of the note. If so then you should

• Export the problem note to ENEX format
  • Submit a support request. See my signature for link.

Didn't do it this morning. I will keep trying. Thanks for the assistance. When the note came up blank immediately (without the little circle rotating showing that it was downloading the info) then I should have known something was up. Thanks again.

OMFG! that is brilliant!! i owe you one big time because you just recovered about two months of data points for me. i had no idea that feature even existed. i should take a class because obviously this "little charming app" has way more to it than meets the eye.

any idea why the android client would eat it? never had a problem with the ipad app or the desktop, but it seems the android on my droid x is best used as a "view only" client.

OK, this just happened to me, and I'm not finding anything called Note History. How can I access this?

Access to Note History is a Premium feature. I don't think the feature is currently implemented in the Android client. (Need to check).

You can retrieve previous versions of notes using the Web client.

Knowledge Base: https://support.ever...?questionID=583

Checked. Note History is available from Mac or Windows desktop clients or the Web client. Not supported in current stable Android client.

Note History is saved for all users. A one month upgrade to Premium ($5 US) will give you immediate access to your Note History plus the other premium features.

• 2 months later...

OK, this just happened to me, and I'm not finding anything called Note History. How can I access this?

This has just happened to me. And I'm not a premium user. Is there anyway for me to get an older version reinstated through support? I note that I could just pay for 1 month's premium access but I'd prefer not to if it's all the same...

Archived