Feature Request - Remember "Save Attachments" folder

EdH

• Level 5*

I am using Evernote more and more as a GTD tool, mostly with Zendone so I have a lot of notes with attachments in them. Sometimes there are multiple attachments, usually collected through email. I find it easiest to just save the attachments to a folder and work from there. The problem is the "Save Attachments" feature in EN always drops me at My Computer, and I have to pick my drive, then Users\myusername\documents\blah\blah\blah.

It would be nice if EN did one of the following:

• Allowed a default "Save to" location in settings
  • Remembered the last "save to" location and started from there
  • Used a totally different API and pulled the Windows Vista/Windows 7 Explorer view that gives you a location of Favorites and Libraries to quickly get to where you need to go.

I think the third would be easiest to implement and would also cause EN to behave as most other Windows apps.

Familiar with GTD but not with Zendone. My understanding is that you're trying to move an attachment from an EN note to folder on your computer. Are you right-clicking on the attachment and choosing Save As, and that's what's defaulting to the top of the My Computer Explorer window?

For me it doesn't. It defaults to the folder I specified as My Documents, which *in Windows* I configured as F:\@Inbox.

Have you tried to drag the attachment from the EN note to the folder you want?

Not sure I understood your question -- please clarify if that's the case.

lena

• 5 months later...

I second this request. The "Save Attachments" option is the best way to export a scanned PDF back out of Evernote if I need to archive it, email it, etc. When I drag the note to my desktop the file it creates is a proprietary file type so the "Save Attachments" is my only option. When I select this the "browse" window leaves a lot to be desired... the original poster has the right idea. This should be implemented ASAP.

Daniel Henderson

• 9 months later...

I am resurrecting this thread again to support the use of the API suggested above - the Windows Vista/Windows 7 Explorer view that gives you a location of Favorites and Libraries to quickly get to where you need to go.

It is archaic and tedious to navigate to folders located under my windows username.

It is further frustrating that the last folder used is not remembered.

• 5 months later...

• Used a totally different API and pulled the Windows Vista/Windows 7 Explorer view that gives you a location of Favorites and Libraries to quickly get to where you need to go.

I too would like to see something like this implemented.

• Level 5*

I too would like to see something like this implemented.

They are focusing on the UI eye candy. Doing something like using a standard Save As dialog box like every other app in Windows uses (Adobe, Excel, Word, Textpad, Chrome, etc) isn't important. Easier to dump you at "My Computer" and have you navigate down 5 folder levels every single time just to get to My Documents.

• Level 5*

"I Like this post" seems to be not possible any more in this forum so I give a "+1"

You mean can't see a light gray "Like This" button at the far right of a post, after the posted content? I can. Browser issue, maybe?

You mean can't see a light gray "Like This" button at the far right of a post, after the posted content? I can. Browser issue, maybe?

Oh, this button has been hidden by the Chrome extension "Adblock Plus". Now I have made an exception in "Adblock Plus". Thanks jefito.

• 7 months later...

No activity on this thread since Dec 2013?!?!

I love Evernote.  I hate the way I have to export attachments!!   One positive thing I learned from this thread that I didn't know I could do is "save as".  At least that takes me into My Documents and I can live with that.  But if I choose "export attachments...", the dialog that pops up always starts at "Computer".  That's totally brain dead.  At any rate, the "save as" feature is already a big, big help.

Thanks,

Joe

Archived