(Archived) HOWTO: Can I create new note only stay in the cloud?

I know that I can create new note only stay in my local computer, they won't sync to the cloud.

But can I do this in reverse? That means that I could create new note only stay in the cloud, they won't sync to my local computer?

Does anyone know how?

I really hope to see this function in Evernote, then I can save the important web clips in the cloud (I don't need them sync with my computer). Just be a good replacement for Google Notebook which done quite well what I hope to do in the past.

Maybe we can add a configuration for users to select what notebooks be synced to the local machine?

Not everyone wants every computer to have full notes. One reason is that somethings may be private and are not considered appropriate to live on all computer disks. Another reason is to reduce the disk space. Still another reason is to reduce sync time.

Maybe we can add a configuration for users to select what notebooks be synced to the local machine?

Not everyone wants every computer to have full notes. One reason is that somethings may be private and are not considered appropriate to live on all computer disks. Another reason is to reduce the disk space. Still another reason is to reduce sync time.

This is definitely what I mean, hope Evernote developer will consider adding this option.

• Level 5*

I'm pretty sure this isn't happening for some time to come -

unfortunately, metrodon is probably right. would love to have ability to make folders offline (download)/online(only download headers) like we have on mobile devices, but i doubt this will happen.

Archived