Import Folders not working

wislndixie

I'm a very new newbie, so I know I'm missing something in using Import Folders for windows. I have a folder on my desktop called "notes for 2011". Inside this folder I have 20 subfolders. I added the "notes for 2011" folder to EN using the directions and included "subfolders". My designated workbook in EN is called "inbox". But nothing ever imports into EN. Neither the main folder of "notes for 2011" or any of the subfolders. I can take individual files from the main folder or any subfolder and move it outside of the "notes for 2011" and it will import into my main workbook "inbox". I hope someone can help with this so I can Import my "notes for 2011" folder and subfolders over to EN.

Thanks,

Mike

• Level 5*

If your subfolders are deeper than one level, notes put into the lower folders will not import. It will only import content from the folder and its original subfolders. If it's not this problem, then you might check your activity log to see whether there are any clues there. Failing that, file a support inquiry (see the link in my signature).

If your subfolders are deeper than one level, notes put into the lower folders will not import. It will only import content from the folder and its original subfolders. If it's not this problem, then you might check your activity log to see whether there are any clues there. Failing that, file a support inquiry (see the link in my signature).

Thank You Jeff, that was my problem, my subfolders were deeper than one level..once I corrected that it imported fine.

• 2 years later...

Hello... cannot get the IMPORT FOLDER function to work when using multiple folders.  For example I have 2 different dropbox folders that I want imported into 2 different NOTEBOOKS; however, when I try to setup the 2nd import... as soon as I select the next notebook, it automatically changes the notebook on my first IMPORT setup. Please help?  anyone?

Archived