(Archived) QUESTION: What does cumulative upload limit mean?

Hi everyone,

New Evernote user here. I was wondering what is meant when people say the storage is cumulative. For non premium users and the 60MB per month, lets say I use only 10MB would the 50MB port over so to speak? The next month would I have 110MB?

What about with premium users, and the greater upload limit?

Thanks for the help!

Monthly upload limit is the amount you can upload per month. It does not carry over. Nor does deleting notes that are already on the Evernote servers free up "space".

Cumulative means that if you are premium & upload one gig each month, your account will be using 12 gigs at the end of a year.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Since we pay to be premium users and to get the 1GB limit, wouldn't it be a nice perk and good public relations to carry over the unused upload limit for Premium users? After all, the people that pay for the service are far more likely to spread the word than those who do not. It means we value what we pay for.

Just a suggestion from a relative newbie. Still excited by the possibilities inherent within Evernote. Passed my 500 note mark yesterday!!!!

• Level 5

While a "carry over" policy of unused uploads would be nice from a marketing perspective, it could cause issues elsewhere.

With the policy in place, EN can plan its hardware structure for storing user content. Just imagine if a few thousand people would "carry over" their unused portion and upload at one point, it could create sudden capacity problems (among others) for the infrastructure in place. For the time being it think this will remain as it is.

Since we pay to be premium users and to get the 1GB limit, wouldn't it be a nice perk and good public relations to carry over the unused upload limit for Premium users? After all, the people that pay for the service are far more likely to spread the word than those who do not. It means we value what we pay for.

Just a suggestion from a relative newbie. Still excited by the possibilities inherent within Evernote. Passed my 500 note mark yesterday!!!!

Since I pay annually, I figure the percentage of my $3.75 USD that I don't use goes toward the ongoing development of the app. Keep in mind, the premium account is not just the storage limit, but the chat, offline notebooks for mobile devices, larger sized notes, faster support response, etc.

Archived