(Archived) [feature request] archiving notebooks

I have found that there are several notebooks that I want to keep, but that I don't use as often as most (namely, notes from previous semesters). I realized how incredibly useful it would be to have an "archive" feature for notebooks (like in gmail, I guess?) which simply moves them off of the main notebooks screen into somewhere else, so they don't clutter up the main window when I'm trying to find what I need.

Is this something that has been considered? I only mention it because I am curious if there is widespread interest in a feature like this.

Thank you for developing an awesome product that increases my academic flexibility!

• Level 5

Some possible options.

1.) Assign a Archive tag to the notes. If you want to hide the notes add the following to a search (note the minus in front)

-tag:Archive

2.) Move the notebooks to an Archive stack. Probably the better option. Out of sight, out of mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Yeah, I would like to request this as well. Evernote is supposed to be like a second brain, but I can't put stuff into it knowing that it's all going to be at the forefront. An archive feature would make me a regular Evernote user.

see comment above

2.) Move the notebooks to an Archive stack. Probably the better option. Out of sight, out of mind

• 2 weeks later...

Archiving should also be done from a local storage perspective. I want archived notes to be stored and accessible via web, but I do not want them taking up hard disk space. I just switched to an SSD for performance, but now Evernote is taking up a much larger share of the hard drive.

Archived