(Archived) Disable offline login

Ahmed470

When I logout from my evernote on windows client...

If my pc is offline and anyone write my username and some random password and try to logon, Evernote says it cannot cannot contact server but still opens all my notes!!!!

They dont sync but the are simply visible to anyone who doesnt even know my password...

How can I stop this behaviour of evernote??

Thats just too bad...Tey shud introduce password to open app.

IDK if they will eventually add it or not. Either way, I don't know why it's "too bad". You have a free option.

I store all my bank accounts data, my IDs etc...and also use evernote to write a personal diary...which contains all my thoughts..opinion about persons etc..which I dont want anyone other to see. Thats y I consider it bad...At least they shud leave an option to disallow offline login.

Thanks for sharing, this has been discussed. Please do understand that even if we force a login to open Evernote, the files are still on your harddrive. Anyone who has access to your computer can still get to those files other than using Evernote.

• 10 months later...
  • Level 5*

Thanks for replies...Can you guys recommend any other notetaking app that could encrypt notes too?

Evernote has the option to encrypt notes, doesn't it?

Yes. Numerous programs, though, encrypt the entire note library. I think that would be the main difference between Evernote (only encrypts text in each note one by one) and other apps. In general, I think it is best not to loan your stuff to anyone, but if you do, have a guest account set up. It makes a lot of things simpler -- no worries about Christmas gift searches, for example, being discovered :)

• 1 month later...

Archived