Bold/Ital./Underline Bug

vioaeon

Idea

When using underline, italics, and bold, they often will not toggle on and/or off. Neither clicking at the top of the edit field nor Cmd-B/I/U will work. When this happens, I am required to find a line where I did not have underline/bold/italics turned on, then copy and paste that piece where I am trying to type, and then try to remember not to backspace one letter too far.

It has been this way since installation (many, many versions ago), and including the new 3.0.6. I do like the new edit field! Good work!

Is this a known bug or unique to me?

4 replies to this idea

We fixed a bug that contributed to that problem in 3.0.6

This is the first I've heard about it since then. Do you know of any specific steps to reproduce? Also are you using Lucide Grande or another font? I can get the team to take another look at it. There's also Support if you'd like help specific to your case.

thanks!

I use Arial.

I have been unable to find an exact sequence of events that will trigger the problem; it happens often, but sporadically. In fact, I was just now able to replicate the problem, but then unable to do it again with the same sequence of inputs. *facepalm* Underline seems to "stick" more often than bold, and it usually occurs when the two are used together. I use Cmd-_ shortcuts almost exclusively while typing, though, as mentioned earlier, when the problem does crop up, even clicking will not pull me out of the issue.

Steps I used to recreate the problem:

1) Begin new line

2) Type regular text

3) Cmd-U/toggle on

4) Cmd-B/toggle on

5) Resume typing

6) Cmd-U/attempt to toggle off

7) Resume typing/continues to underline

It only happened once out of 6 tries to intentionally replicate though. Seems to happen more often when I don't want it to ;)

I'm fine without a support ticket.... I'm already pretty quick at working around the issue, and I doubt that it's caused by any settings on my end. Just thought I'd try to do my part to help you guys because I use the program so much but don't have a premium account :D

Other potentially relevant info for your team *shrug*:

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Mid-2010 MBP

Yeah that's how it is. Problems go away when you want to show someone else. Its my preferred method of bug fixing for friends & family. Anyways, I'll ask some of the snow leopard users in the office if they see the same issue. If it becomes easily reproducible, PM me and we'll dive right into it.

thanks!

I am still having this problem.

But I just realized it's because I'm using Snow Leopard, which is 10.6.7 compared to the current OS X Yosemite 10.10. Evernote is 5.5.2.

So if anybody googles this... this is probably the issue.

Archived