REQUEST: Additional default fonts

vitbyst

Idea

My biggest beef with Evernote for Mac is the limited number of fonts available in the editing field. I understand a need to limit their number, but at least can I add some?

E.g. I would love to add Courier or Monaco to this list so I can change fonts for my CLI examples.

My annoying workaround is to edit the text in Rich Text editor first and then paste into Evernote

19 replies to this idea

I'll second a request for Helvetica on the default fonts list.  It's a shame to see the knockoff Arial font in it's place :(

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I'd like to see the default list include everything, but I am afraid it doesn't. The good news? Read the post before yours and you'll find a 30 second solution that will get you Helvetica :)

Thanks for the greeting.  I definitely read the thread earlier and have been using Helvetica all day, now.  

My suggestion was to include it in the defaults list for the benefit of other users, since Helvetica is the foundational, defacto font for all modern typography, while Arial was Microsoft's knockoff of it.  Why should the Evernote team use the fake as a default when they could instead use the original?

• Level 5*

I'll second a request for Helvetica on the default fonts list.  It's a shame to see the knockoff Arial font in it's place :(

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I'd like to see the default list include everything, but I am afraid it doesn't. The good news? Read the post before yours and you'll find a 30 second solution that will get you Helvetica :)

Mine are the exact same as GrumpyMonkey's. A slight annoyance since the only font of those I'd ever use for anything is Arial. It would be nice to be able to customize which fonts are available.

The current selection is, if memory serves me right, closely resembling the usually recommended web safe fonts (except for the inclusion of Brush Script MT and the substitution of Courier New with Andale Mono). A peculiar choice.

Edit: Oh, and it reminds me... I can set at default note font in preferences. Cool, except not really.... if I open a note and type away in my preferred font (let's say Helvetica Neue), it will say so in the editor that that's the font I am using. But if I decide to use another font for some of the text (say Andale Mono) I can't go back to the default font - it's not on the list and I have to go trough hoops to continue the text with my default font instead of just being able to pick it from the list.

• Level 5*

I would bet fonts like Helvetica and Courier (Courier New) would be high up on the list. In my case, I want to use Japanese fonts, but they aren't available. Comic Sans? It's OK, but why pick this over Helvetica (for example)? I'd just like to be able to pick my own...

Archived