(Archived) Corrupt database, all notes vanished, tickets rejected, help!

acedashdog

My Android came up with some message saying my database was corrupt and it was resynching. When it came back, all my notes were gone

After a heart-stopping dash to my PC, I find they're still there in Windows

However often I synch they won't come back down to Android it keeps saying "create a new notebook"

I logged a ticket (I have Premium) through the support page and got this

"Unfortunately for security reasons we do not allow direct emails to the support Queue. Please go to the following website and click "Submit a Ticket" to file a user support case so that you may receive a *valid* ticket number. "

WTF? I did exactly that? So I went back and carefully logged a second ticket asking why my support request had been rejected, and that was rejected as well.

'Chat' is down

Not a promising response to a premium customer. Please can anyone help me resynch my notes to my Android phone? It probably isn't a big problem to fix but it's a major problem to live with!

• Level 5*

1. that sucks. i hope support can help out.

2. chat is "down" because it is the middle of the night in the us. "Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm PST (California) "

3. the support ticket submission form can be found here https://support.evernote.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=16058. if it doesn't work, then you can contact some of the evernote staff directly by sending them a private message on this forum. I think Heather is working in customer service (http://discussion.evernote.com/user/48156-heather/), so she can probably direct you to the correct people.

personally, i would like to see evernote have 24/7 support on chat, a phone number, and a way to email them. i am sure these are things they have thought about, but for whatever reason (costs?), they have not. i think the benefits available to premium members are stated pretty clearly, but if you are dissatisfied, i am sure they would be glad to refund your money. it is a small, new company, so it is a little rough around the edges, but i think you'll find they take their customer support seriously.

good luck!

Ah, yes, America on different time zone, that explains the Chat. Absolutely I don't want a refund; I love Evernote like gangbusters and recommend it everywhere, and I can cope with waiting 24h or so for an answer, but it's very aggravating to be left with the 'fridge door' feeling and unsure if the clock to an answer has even started!

I've popped Heather a polite query and will live in hope.

Cheers

@acedashdog - we did receive your original ticket this morning, we had a glitch in our ticketing system that sent out the incorrect acknowledgement email. Rest assured your ticket will be handled and a response will be sent to you soon.

OK, I got impatient. Support did come back but earnest suggestions that I try synching my Windows notes to see if that helps (which happens every 30 mins, of course) weren't really getting us very far :(

I went into Applications and Stopped it, then did a Delete Data and a full uninstall. Rebooted the phone. Redownloaded EN, reinstalled, logged in and whoopee! Notes, notebooks and stacks are bucketing into my phone. Relief inexpressable :)

I suggest a bug here, in that connecting the phone to the PC while EN is running seems to corrupt the database.

Main lesson here is, absolutely essential to have at least 2 installations of EN in different places; then if one goes paws-up, one has a backup to call on and export from to keep the heart attacks at bay.,,,

• Level 5*

redundancy is nice, but your stuff is safe in the cloud. if your house burns down, your car is stolen, amd your office flooded, you can still go to the library, log on, and see your to-do list :(

no need for heart attacks. backing up every day with time machine on the mac clams the nerves too!

I went into Applications and Stopped it, then did a Delete Data and a full uninstall. Rebooted the phone. Redownloaded EN, reinstalled, logged in and whoopee! Notes, notebooks and stacks are bucketing into my phone. Relief inexpressable :)

I used to complain about support always first suggesting to do a clean re-install, because in my cases it didn't help. But it seems that support has good reason to suggest it. :)

Archived