(Archived) keep notes on phone, not web

troyhess

So, ive got a galaxy s phone with evernote installed. I've got some notes, some with photos, some without. So, heres the problem, the notes with photos take about 3 minutes to load on my phone. I used the phone to take the photos. It seems the problem is that the notes are being sent to website and not stored locally on my phone. Not sure if this is the case, but I can't see any other reason for the long load time as opening the photo thru the phones gallery is immediate. Can anyone shed any light on this.

Thank you

It seems the problem is that the notes are being sent to website and not stored locally on my phone.

Yes. Since EN is a web based service (the exception being the Windows/Mac clients), the EN servers are the source of all truths. If you add a photo to an Evernote, the photo will be uploaded to the EN servers. When calling up that note, it will pull the image from the EN servers & not from your phone. Otherwise, you'd need to keep that photo on your phone for the rest of time.

If you want your Evernote notes stored locally on your device, you would need to be a premium user & have the notebook(s) designated for offline use.

• Level 5*

Likewise a Galaxy S2 (and Evernote Prem) user - I have 6,000+ notes in a local notebook stored on the phone. New pics are added immediately and synced to Evernote whenever the phone gets to my home network connection (I'm mean). Not seeing any delays in being able to edit/ add to the note other than internal processing time on the 'phone. One thought - are you using full-rez pictures? 8MP shots take time to process (and eat up my monthly allowance) so I tend to use 640x480 for simple note taking. 8MP is reserved for the occasional trophy shot - and for anything I might want to edit later.

May I ask If anyone encounter the same problem as me?

I have upgrade to premium account, and also check for some notebook to activate the offline notebook feature

but they were only partial synced to my device

only the notes with images uploaded from my harddisk through evernote UI will further complete downloaded to my mobile device for offline review

the other notes with image directly clipped or copy+paste from websites , will somehow lose attachments or images in the downloaded offline notebook

any solution? many thanks......

• Level 5*
the offline notebook feature but they were only partial synced to my device

If you have a large notebook (or large pictures) it can take a while for these to be downloaded to your phone. You could try again to download the notebook over a good wifi connection and allow plenty of time for it to complete. Also if you have a slow phone it may take a little time to get the full content of the note on screen - be patient with any problem notes. Try switching the phone off and on again - not sure what good this really does, but it lets everyone cool down cool down if things aren't working. If that fails, log a support case.

Archived