(Archived) User forum does not seem to recognize logins for very long?

I find that I need to log in to this forum almost every time I want to use it. In the other forums that I participate in the websites seem to remember me and I very rarely have to log in (if ever). Here I find that I will make a post in the morning and within a few hours I have to log in all over again. Any way of changing this?

Neither have I (made any changes). We're working on this issue, but it's slow going. We need to have an actively droppish account during a debug session, and it's been pretty hard to nail one down. Anyone who is having this problem, if you can PM me some additional details--I'd like to see when the cookies are set to expire (most browsers provide this information in the cookie area). If it's set to expire too soon, or it's not there at all, that's likely the problem.

When you log in, do you check the checkbox which says: Remember me for a week

Do you run a cookie clearner like CCleaner?

To jump in here, when you log into the web client there is a box to check to keep logged in for a week and it works OK, BUT when you log into the Forms there is NO box to check. And, for the last two or three weeks, you must sign in each and every time you go to the forms page ??

David in Wichita

To jump in here, when you log into the web client there is a box to check to keep logged in for a week and it works OK, BUT when you log into the Forms there is NO box to check. And, for the last two or three weeks, you must sign in each and every time you go to the forms page ??

David in Wichita

This should't be happening unless you select sign-out before closing the application. A sign-out clears your cookies from the cache, forcing you to re-login.

David in Wichita

This should't be happening unless you select sign-out before closing the application. A sign-out clears your cookies from the cache, forcing you to re-login.

No sign out! I just closed FF and started over again, each time I use my link into Evernote Forms, it asks for sign in. I sign in, use the application and then click back to home page, no log out! I then try and go back to EF and I must sign back in??

Neither have I (made any changes). We're working on this issue, but it's slow going. We need to have an actively droppish account during a debug session, and it's been pretty hard to nail one down. Anyone who is having this problem, if you can PM me some additional details--I'd like to see when the cookies are set to expire (most browsers provide this information in the cookie area). If it's set to expire too soon, or it's not there at all, that's likely the problem.

I've sent you a message, this happens to me too, I have to sign in to the forum every few hours even though I rarely shut FF down or even close the tab on the forum.

Thanks lgretton, received your message and am checking out, will ping you with details and a followup if necessary.

Dgsounds: sounds like you're having the same problems then. Apologies on the issues you've been having. I can understand how they'd be a pain. We're definitely working to isolate further.

We made some changes to the SSO framework yesterday that should help fix this issue. Let me know if any similar persistent drop issues persist.

Doesn't seem to have made any difference to me, I'm still having to log in regularly. Tonight I've had to do so at around 17:47, then again at 19:35. UK times.

The issue I'm attempting to fix is a pretty consistent logout after around 5 minutes. A logout after 2 hours...that might be a different issue entirely. We're continuing to troubleshoot though, I have another session scheduled for this week.

Also, moving this over to General Discussion--more on topic there.

Archived