(Archived) Stumbled Upon a Great Feature

Angelo

I think this is an Evernote feature I have stumpled upon;

Press Windows key + Print Screen and you get a Screen-shot selector that automatically submits the shot in to EN...

I am not sure if this is an Evernote feature or perhaps something else I have on my computer but it is by far a VERY useful feature.

Has anyone else seen this or other not-mentioned features that are a great benefit?

FWIW, I changed mine to F5, so it's a single keystroke. Also, if you press CTRL before letting up on the mouse, after sizing the selection, it goes to your clipboard, so you can paste it into an existing note, rather than create a new note.

• Level 5

And if you hold down SHIFT key, the screen shot will get saved oon your desktop as ScreenClip.png or ScreenClip [NNN].png file, ready to be imported into any other application.

/Peter

• 7 months later...

FWIW, I changed mine to F5, so it's a single keystroke. Also, if you press CTRL before letting up on the mouse, after sizing the selection, it goes to your clipboard, so you can paste it into an existing note, rather than create a new note.

Sorry, what's the process again? I'm trying to replicate the sized screenshot functionality of MS OneNote (OP is talking about a full screenshot) - I'm convinced EN doesn't do it, but your note here suggests it can? How do you size the selection?

Sorry, what's the process again? I'm trying to replicate the sized screenshot functionality of MS OneNote (OP is talking about a full screenshot) - I'm convinced EN doesn't do it, but your note here suggests it can? How do you size the selection?

When you have the screenshot active, you can click and drag a rectangular area that you want a screenshot of. I believe this is what BnF is referring to here.

You can also just click on a window to take a screenshot of it too.

• Level 5*

Press Win+PrtScn. Move the mouse around; you'll see a horizontal and vertical line tracking the mouse pointer, and a text box with instructions.

Click your left mouse button down somewhere on your screen, and keep it held down. This will define one corner of the clip.

As you move your mouse around the screen, the clip rectangle will adjust accordingly.

Release the left mouse button to complete the clip operation. Default clip target is Evernote, but if you're holding down the Ctrl key when the left mouse button release, the clip will go to the clipboard. Alternately, if you holding the Shift key down when you release the mouse button, the clip will be saved to your desktop as an image file (in .png format). If the mouse hasn't moved when you release the mouse button (pixel dimensions are 0x0), then the whole window will be clipped.

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*

Have just tried to add to Evernote with Win+A and saw it add the note not to the default notebook but to the notebook that is now open. Why is that so? It should add notes to my default notebook.

Look at your Clipping Preferences (Tools / Clipping Preferences). I think that you'd need to select a notebook as your default clipping destination.

Archived