(Archived) Feature request: "bigger" encryption scope

Hi,

Are there any plans to add passphrase protection to entire notes (instead of just "selected text")?

I know I can just select all the text in the note, but I find that pretty ugly, to see a full note of asterisks.

A cool way of doing this would be to have an encryption setting on tags, any tag which is mark as encrypted would have all notes associated with it encrypted with a passphrase which is set on the tag (instead of on per-text/per-note).

That way, we wouldn't have to retype the passphrase each time we want to encrypt something.

Also, I think that I'm not the only one worried about security, it would be very beneficial for EN's security image.

Thank you for a great app, again.

Encryption makes a lot of things impossible (e.g. searching), so I find it much more useful to just encrypt the things that need to be protected (passwords, PINs, credit cards). Then you still have a way to search for your notes, view thumbnails, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree - encryption of selected text is nice for many applications, but I have very lengthy documents of imported password lists I'd like to be able to mass-encrypt - much too painful and tough to break down into chunks.

Just leave us the note title or something unencrypted, so we can search by that, and by tags...

>

>

>

"Evernote Privacy and Security"

April 15th, 2008

"Evernote recognizes that user choice is an important component of privacy and security. We believe that no single option is going to meet the needs of all users, so we aim to offer a set of tools that let people balance their needs for accessibility, privacy and control."

"Evernote recognizes that user choice is an important component of privacy and security. We believe that no single option is going to meet the needs of all users, so we aim to offer a set of tools that let people balance their needs for accessibility, privacy and control."

Ouch :lol:

Archived