(Archived) Feature request: simple (non-iconic) list view

fjpoblam

On my laptop, by habit, I view my Evernote "library" as a list of titles (List View as opposed to Thumbnail View). This compact view of my notes makes it quick and efficient for me to scroll through my collection and select a note of interest.

On my iPad, it appears I'm locked into an icon view. While scrolling on the iPad is quick, this view nonetheless suffers from a huge waste of screen real estate. I would prefer a simple list view (lines of text). They might be styled (as I do my web pages) with appropriate line-spacing to make them more easily "finger-selectable". But it would surely be an aid to efficiency were I not have to scroll through screens otherwise occupied by loads of grey space. Simple note title lists would be more appropriate, or at least, I'd appreciate the option to view it that way!

• Level 5*

On my iPad, it appears I'm locked into an icon view. While scrolling on the iPad is quick, this view nonetheless suffers from a huge waste of screen real estate. I would prefer a simple list view (lines of text).

. . .

But it would surely be an aid to efficiency were I not have to scroll through screens otherwise occupied by loads of grey space. Simple note title lists would be more appropriate, or at least, I'd appreciate the option to view it that way!

I couldn't agree with you more! As do many, many other users. This very request has been made many, many times for well over a year -- ever since the EN iPad was released.

But it appears to fall on deaf ears. The Evernote management/designers just don't seem to get it, that many people would prefer a simple list view free of images. The Evernote team seems to be hung up on images.

I guess all we can do is to keep asking, and maybe someday they will wake up and smell the roses like their customers do. :)

I couldn't agree with you more! As do many, many other users. This very request has been made many, many times for well over a year -- ever since the EN iPad was released.

But it appears to fall on deaf ears. The Evernote management/designers just don't seem to get it, that many people would prefer a simple list view free of images. The Evernote team seems to be hung up on images.

I guess all we can do is to keep asking, and maybe someday they will wake up and smell the roses like their customers do. :)

As you know, feature requests (no matter how many users want a particular one) do not instantly translate to something that will be implemented. Also, as you know, EN must prioritize their work. So even if something is on the to do list, doesn't mean it's going to be implemented any time soon.

I totally agree with the OP on this, I use list view all the time on my MAC client. Just because I agree though does not mean it will get implemented. :lol: I will be your champion for this feature and will try my best to get this on the roadmap for implementation.

• 1 year later...

Archived