(Archived) Evernote freezes/crashes at launch

ChrisC!

Idea

Evernote freezes on launch. I get the login screen and an "All Notebooks" window, but then the spinning beachball. I've followed instructions by support and removed the app completely (using AppTrap). I then reinstalled, but I have the same problem.

I've tried this a few times with the same results.

The odd thing is that when I start Evernote, I see a progress bar in the activity window that says "Syncing with Evernote. Need password... (see attached). It freezes up shortly after that.

It seems odd that the program would ask for a password if I've uninstalled everything. I changed my password a short while ago. Could that be ***** things up somehow?

I thought perhaps someone here might have had a similar problem. I've searched the forums but have found anything helpful.

Really like the app on my iphone and ipad, but would like the full functionality on the Mac!

Thanks,

Chris

post-86834-0-75557100-1327092753_thumb.j

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Is all your data sync'd up to the Evernote service and viewable in the web client?

If it is, I'd try deleting the app and then the data from user/library/application support/evernote (delete the whole Evernote folder).

Then re-install.

• Level 5*

It seems odd that the program would ask for a password if I've uninstalled everything. I changed my password a short while ago. Could that be ***** things up somehow?

If you uninstalled everything, then you most likely will need to re-enter your password into EN Mac.

Since you have changed your PW, go to the EN Web client and make sure you can log in there with your password.

Once successfull there, then try the same login/pw on EN Mac.

Is all your data sync'd up to the Evernote service and viewable in the web client?

If it is, I'd try deleting the app and then the data from user/library/application support/evernote (delete the whole Evernote folder).

Then re-install.

Thanks Metrodon - I have deleted the app and all asociated files. I've deleted them all and the app and reinstalled several times.

• Level 5*

JMichael I can log into the web client, the iphone app and iPad app. I don't get the option to login on the Mac client. It freezes before I get that option.

Then I suggest you continue working with Support until your issue is resolved.

It sounds like something specific to your Mac/setup.

I have been using EN Mac for well over a year now, and I've never had a problem like yours.

Support is best equiped to help you.

Archived