(Archived) REQUEST: Collapsible headings within a note, timestamp

AlexMac

Idea

Hi, I'm digging Evernote for Mac, but something really nice would be the ability to insert a heading or button that would collapse everything until the next heading. I tend to write really long notes, and it would be great to collapse things in order to improve the scrolling/searching user experience.

Coupled with this request is the timestamp ability that is in the windows client, but for some reason hasn't made its way to the mac version.

Thanks!

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I think you are asking for more of an Outlining experience - I haven't seen anything to indicate that this is likely to occur in the near future (which is defined as 'soon' in the land of Evernote).

I use text expander to add dates (and lots of other stuff) to Evernote notes (and lots of other stuff).

Thats too bad. How about remembering where the scroll bar was the last time you opened a particular note? This would address the problem in a different way, and its probably easier to incorporate.

Thanks for the text expander tip, I just installed it.

• Level 5

I don't know if we're going to head too far down that route

DLU - I like your style.

You're straight forward and call it like you see it.

I understand why a black & white answer is often not possible. Evernote has many ways they can proceed. When you give a strong indication on Evernote's direction, it has the beneficial impact on all of the forum users. Some might not like the road taken, but at least they know where they stand. And it helps cut down on the amount of +1 type messages.

I guess you could say this is a +1 message, but at least I've tried to explain my reasoning.

I don't know if we're going to head too far down that route

DLU - I like your style.

You're straight forward and call it like you see it.

I understand why a black & white answer is often not possible. Evernote has many ways they can proceed. When you give a strong indication on Evernote's direction, it has the beneficial impact on all of the forum users. Some might not like the road taken, but at least they know where they stand. And it helps cut down on the amount of +1 type messages.

I guess you could say this is a +1 message, but at least I've tried to explain my reasoning.

I try :) And it doesn't mean we won't change our minds later.

Also, I'm usually posting my opinion on areas where I have some expertise and influence internally. (ok, I might be using the term expertise lightly). Plus, there is always the possibility that the team (including the super smart executives) will overrule my particular position. I do enjoy hearing everyone's opinion and they do get factored into our decisions

Archived