Using iWork Pages/Numbers/Keynote with EverNote

mfamfa

Idea

Hello -

I am been using EverNote with Microsoft Office documents for over a year now. Adding the document to notes, opening, editing and saving them again (CTRL+S) to the note.

It has been working great and I have been really happy for it.

However - I am in the proces of changing from the Office package to iWorks package and I have discovered the I don't have the same possibility to open a Pages/Numbers/Keynote document, edit and save to the note. This is a real deal-breaker for me.

Am I the only one who is concerned about this? Is this something that the EN team is thinking about/looking at?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

+1 if confirmed. I discovered accidentally that this works on iPhone Evernote client - or at least for .doc files with Pages on iPhone.

(When you do it on iPhone you get some "simplification" nastygrams - in my case font substitutions - but I think that's OK.)

Martin

However - I am in the proces of changing from the Office package to iWorks package and I have discovered the I don't have the same possibility to open a Pages/Numbers/Keynote document, edit and save to the note. This is a real deal-breaker for me.

I use iWorks documents with Evernotes all the time and it does work. For instance, I have several notes with an attached .numbers file that Evernote will update once I open the file from within that note and make changes to it. Maybe you should contact support.

However, I have never used Office on Mac, so what exactly do you mean, you do not have the same possibility?

Thanks for the responses.

Actually I was a bit too quick there.

The problem I have is if I open my old Office files (attached to notes) and then try to save (in place). That doesn't work.

However - converting them into iWorks files and attaching them to EN notes is working. Then I can open the iWorks files, edit and save.

I can live with this :-)

Thanks -

Archived