(Archived) Sync directly from within a note?

Bim

In the Android app, is there a way to sync a note that I am currently viewing?

I can't seem to find a sync option in a dropdown entry or within the menu while displaying the actual note I wan to sync.

I have a very common situation where my Evernote desktop is open updating my to do list note throughout the day. Then I run into a meeting and have that same note already up on my Galaxy Nexus phone and need to sync it manually from within the note to grab the latest changes I've made on my desktop.

Currently I always have to go back to the main page of the Evernote Android app and hit the sync button there. Definitely more convenient to just sync from within the note.

FYI, for battery reasons I choose to do manual synching from within the Android app and not auto synching. Even with auto synch, I still would need to manual sync from within the note in case I'm in between the auto sync interval times.

• Level 5*

OK, so I edited a note. Saved it, without exiting the editor. Then clicked on the menu at the bottom of the screen, and selected 'Sync'. Note that I am running the 3.5 beta prerelease; I don't know if the actual release has this functionality.

Just to confirm with screenshots (attached) with Android app version 3.4.2 build 216817 on Verizon Galaxy Nexus with ICS 4.0.3. Both screenshots don't show option by either clicking on the bottom right ellipse menu button

post-86682-0-82670100-1326828069_thumb.p

or the top right dropdown menu.

post-86682-0-67254900-1326828171_thumb.p

I also would like to be able to sync within a note. I have the same demand like Bim. When I edit a note on my windows-computer I often need this note a few minutes later on my android-device that is already showing this note. So I have to close this note, go to the home screen, press sync and then search this note again. I could avoid this steps when It woud be possible to sync within a note. For me it woud be enough when this sync-button is only available when the note is in view-mode (and not in edit-mode). A few months before I have also asked for this feature.

Marcel.

Archived