(Archived) Forms and structured data?

I'm willing to bet that's what actually happens in Evernote Food and Evernote Hello. More generally, so long as you structure the data to leverage ENML, it should work just fine. You'd need an an app to structure the data and perhaps collect input, of course, but that's not an Evernote API issue.

OK. Thanks. I'll look at those.

If I write my own app I must presumably call something to write the information to the Evernote server/database? I assumed that would be API calls?

Essentially I want to use what Evernote already gives me - notes, audio recording and photo - but add fields for numbers, scales etc.

If I write an app for a smart phone is that a native app which in the case of iPhone would have to go through the App store approval process?

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Hey brookhouse,

It is indeed, using Evernote's platform (API) I have created http://kustomnote.com. for Evernote, its a web app. It allows you to create, as you said, forms for note templates, pick a theme for the form/template, send email reminders and pre-define the fields to be used with different types like date, numbers, files, even movies that pulls from RottenTomatoes API and music that is backed by iTunes API and Google Contacts as well.

Please check it out and I'd be more than happy to help with anything,

- Hussein

• 1 month later...

Hussein -

Is there any way to make a field that links to another note/form?

Currently Kustomnote is a nice way to make a single form with fillable fields, but I need a way to have a form that can link to other Notes... more of a relational database approach. One "parent" note which would have a note field type that can contain multiple links to other notes (which themselves are Kustomnote template-based).

Is this feature on the roadmap for Kustomnote?

- Mike Senkbeil

Hey brookhouse,

It is indeed, using Evernote's platform (API) I have created http://kustomnote.com. for Evernote, its a web app. It allows you to create, as you said, forms for note templates, pick a theme for the form/template, send email reminders and pre-define the fields to be used with different types like date, numbers, files, even movies that pulls from RottenTomatoes API and music that is backed by iTunes API and Google Contacts as well.

Please check it out and I'd be more than happy to help with anything,

- Hussein

Archived