Meshin Recall calendar app for Android | Alpha / Beta users wanted

Matt Haugh

Greetings Productivity Fans,

I work at Xerox PARC (Palo Alto Research Center) on a project called Meshin. Our team has built two productivity apps, one of which is publicly available in Android Market. The other, Meshin Recall, is a calendar app hooked into Evernote.

Recall allows you to--amongst other things--create auto-tagged Evernotes with one click from a slick user interface. It's not publicly available yet--still more like Alpha-- and I'd love to find folks interested in giving it a whirl and hitting me and our team with feedback. We think it has enormous potential, but external input is critical to shaping Recall.

If you have an Android phone and you'd like the .apk, drop me a line at matt@meshin.com and I'll forward it along.

Cheers!

Matt Haugh

Director of Community | Meshin

Thanks for the post, Matt. I'd just like to provide my "official" recommendation to any users interested in taking Matt and the Xerox PARC team up on their offer. We've been working closely with them, so consider this a legitimate request worthy of your time and consideration. Cheers.

I'm happy to report that we now have 9 people playing with Meshin Recall. If there are others out there interested in giving it a whirl, don't be shy. Our devs have promised me a new build today, and I'll send it to the gang of 9 plus anyone else who raises their hand as soon as I receive it. We're already getting EXCELLENT feedback! Hit me at Matt@meshin.com if you want to join the fun. -Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to report that we now have 9 people playing with Meshin Recall. If there are others out there interested in giving it a whirl, don't be shy. Our devs have promised me a new build today, and I'll send it to the gang of 9 plus anyone else who raises their hand as soon as I receive it. We're already getting EXCELLENT feedback! Hit me at Matt@meshin.com if you want to join the fun. -Matt

We now have 30 people using Recall and the great feedback continues to roll in. Thanks everyone and please keep it coming. Also, we'll always take more volunteers if you're interested! -Matt

• 1 month later...

We're thrilled to announce that thanks in no small part to the excellent contributions from folks we found here in the Evernote Forum, Meshin Recall is now live in Android Market.

THANKS EVERYONE for the great help!

We'll continue to accept beta users interested in advance builds. Just ping me at matt@meshin.com if you're interested.

-Matt

• 2 months later...

Still hoping to see this one day on my Kindle Fire... :)

We're looking into the possibility that the Kindle Fire is somehow crippling calendar functionality that is normall exposed by the Android OS. Still early in our digging, but perhaps we'll uncover a solution that will make Recall an viable option on the Fire. As a Fire user, I know I'D welcome it! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nicely done! Glad to see the option to use tags in the prefs. The widget is stubborn on my Droid Incredible (running CyanogenMod), either doesn't refresh or won't respond to commands. But that may be my OS...

• 2 months later...

Archived