(Archived) Auto-capitalization in main text body

benj

Idea

Hello there everyone!

I am having a small issue with Evernote on my Macbook pro.

There are lots of posts about autocapitalization of tags but mine is regarding it when writing my main notes.

I am currently typing up revision notes in Evernote for my med school exams and when I start a new sentence, it does not auto-correct my capitalisation.

It is something which I would love to have in Evernote, as it streamlines my writing and is something I am quite fussy about. It is standard in most text-editing software these days so I am hoping it is just something I am missing.

I hope people can help me fix the issue or let me know if it is possible.

Thanks,

Ben

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

As Metrodon said, it doesn't exist.

I can see why you would want that. I always turn off auto-capitalization, word correct, and all of that other stuff, so I can't say that I am a fan of the feature. Still, it wouldn't hurt if we had a toggle for it.

I am currently typing up revision notes in Evernote for my med school exams and when I start a new sentence, it does not auto-correct my capitalisation.

It is something which I would love to have in Evernote, as it streamlines my writing and is something I am quite fussy about. It is standard in most text-editing software these days so I am hoping it is just something I am missing.

Evernote is not a text editor.

It is to a point. As a note-taking app (and notes typically contain some form of text) it should have basic text-editing capabilities such as auto-capitalisation. Other parts of the app do contain this such as the tagging (which is a particularly complained about feature from what I have read).

I will not start a thread as Jeff requested - I presume this is because people have already started one on this topic?

• Level 5*
I will not start a thread as Jeff requested - I presume this is because people have already started one on this topic?

There's no need to start a separate feature request thread. This one serves fine; Evernote staff read them all.

• Level 5

...it should have basic text-editing capabilities such as auto-capitalisation.

I would not consider auto-capitalisation as a basic text-editing feature.

It's more geared toward higher level text-editing.

That might be why it is not included in Evernote.

• Level 5*

It is to a point. As a note-taking app (and notes typically contain some form of text) it should have basic text-editing capabilities such as auto-capitalisation. Other parts of the app do contain this such as the tagging (which is a particularly complained about feature from what I have read).

As I understand it, you only get auto-capitalization in the tags when you have tags that are capitalized. That's why I have standardized every tag name as lower case. I get no auto-capitalization now. Alternatively, I suppose you could capitalize everything, and then the auto-capitalization in the tags wouldn't bother you. At any rate, the capitalization is a predictive thing based on your tag content.

Archived