Fujitsu ScanSnap or Canon ImageFurmula P-150?

rogw

My old Canon scanner doesn't work with Lion, and it's a slow-flatbed scanner. I'm very interested in either the Fujitsu scanner or the Canon one mentioned in the title. Anyone have any ideas? I'm on a mac, and want to integrate with Evernote (obviously).

rog

I use the ScanSnap S1500 and recommend it highly. It's quick and simple to use.

The video showing the 1300 made it look promising as well. I'm going to look at that one as a potential traveling scanner.

To make the process even more seamless, look at ScanDrop. It gives you the opportunity to look closely at your scan before you upload it to Evernote. You can rotate pages, change the filename (therefore the note name), and code it with the notebook and tag names, plus add a comment. I thought at first it would slow down my workflow but in fact it has made things go faster. (Undocumented hint: If you need to add pages to your initial scan, just scan them before you upload from ScanDrop. They will append to the first scan and you can move them around, rotate them, delete pages or whatever you need before the upload.)

When Evernote gets around to adding the watched folder system that's been in place for years in the Windows version it will add considerably to the flexibility of use, but I doubt I'll leave ScanDrop.

Archived