Scrivener-view in Evernote?

arjanbroere

Dear Evernoters,

What I'd really like is some way to arrange notes in the viewing pane. I write a lot and use Evernote to store ideas, links, snippets, ... When I start writing I get all the notes with the tags and start to type. If there were a phase between the unordered notes and the writing, like Scrivener let's you arrange the cards with text, that would be a big plus.

Something like this: http://kelliforniadreaming.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/scrivener2.jpg

Greetings,

Arjan

• Level 5*

I'm guessing that that could be a cool third-party application. Of course, you can already do something similar by opening out the notes of interest into separate windows, and arranging them in a separate area of the screen, or on a second monitor, even.

• Level 5*

I'm a big fan of Scrivener, though not of the corkboard view. More broadly speaking, I think you are looking for a better way to arrange notes in relationship to one another, with easy manipulation of hierarchies (like the arc of a story narrative) and groupings. As much as I'd like to see this kind of thing in Evernote as well, I have to wonder if it diverts Evernote from its mission (to Remember everything) and takes it into areas where software like Scrivener already excels.

Creating a note with links to all of the bits and pieces of your writing is one way to accomplish this within the application now. It is not as visually appealing, but it works.

Thanks for the comments.

@Jefito, I don't really use the note-to-note reference so I'll give it a try.

@GrumpMonkey, true. You can keep asking features at the risk of over-featuring EN. I guess sorting notes to me still is part of remembering ;-)

I saw the same question already was posted on the forum. I'll check those remarks also.

Thanks,

Arjan

Wow - deskintheclouds is insanely cool. The tag cloud itself is awesome - does any other app provide a tag cloud for EN? And the ability to have one entire desk layout for every different tag really makes this worthwhile. Too bad its not on Windows, but the web app works very well.

• Level 5*

Desk in the Clouds might be what you are looking for. http://www.deskintheclouds.com/ They were a finalist in our Developer Competition this summer.

nope. definitely not what i had in mind. i would call it scrapbooking with evernote.

deskintheclouds is visually appealing, and quite cool, but i don't see anything that enables you to organize (arrange in any particular order) or develop connections between notes (like the synapses in my brain).

Desk in the Clouds might be what you are looking for. http://www.deskintheclouds.com/ They were a finalist in our Developer Competition this summer.

nope. definitely not what i had in mind. i would call it scrapbooking with evernote.

deskintheclouds is visually appealing, and quite cool, but i don't see anything that enables you to organize (arrange in any particular order) or develop connections between notes (like the synapses in my brain).

I tried it a while ago. Pretty. But not really useful for my 7000+ notes.

• 2 years later...

Archived