(Archived) Feature idea: Clearly IN Evernote

I've become a huge fan of Clearly in Chrome, and use it all the time. I was just reading an article I'd clipped to Evernote, and found myself hitting my Clearly keyboard shortcut to try to make it more readable. Any chance we could get exactly that feature in Evernote, some sort of reading view that gives a nice column width and hides all the extra chrome in the application? (Maybe similar to Safari's reader view.)

• 11 months later...

I've become a huge fan of Clearly in Chrome, and use it all the time. I was just reading an article I'd clipped to Evernote, and found myself hitting my Clearly keyboard shortcut to try to make it more readable. Any chance we could get exactly that feature in Evernote, some sort of reading view that gives a nice column width and hides all the extra chrome in the application? (Maybe similar to Safari's reader view.)

I like this idea. Having a button in the Evernote application that invoked a Clearly-like frame on the current note would solve another problem so far ignored by the desktop developers: The inability to highlight text within notes. The idea of using the web app is not practical, since it would require accessing the same note in an internet browser.

Archived