(Archived) 48 Hours Later, EN Frozen and Unresponsive

RandomHavoc

Idea

I've been using EN for two months now. I've GTD'ed it and I've become largely dependent on it at this point.

Suddenly, 2 days ago, EN opens with showing my 4 notes in my newest Work notebook that I created not long ago. From here, I cannot:

• View other notebooks
  • View notes from tags
  • View a newly created note
  • See the sync animation

However, I can still see that my tags have anywhere from 0 to 16 notes within them. When creating a New Note, my All Notebooks note count increases by 1, however, nothing pops up to allow me to edit this new note. Oddly, at the start up, I can indeed open up those 4 notes in my newest Notebook and I can even edit them, however as soon as I perform a task gives me no response as described above, even that capability is lost. Also, once when I Command+Q'ed, it said something along the lines of "Are you sure you want to quit while EN is synching". I guess it does still sync even without the animation ...

What's even more odd is that I can click on different tags and it will actually select them. Sometimes it will change the display to show that there are no notes under this tag (regardless or whether the note count is above 0). Clicking on different tags will sometimes bring me back to the original 4 notes (even if those 4 notes are not even tagged under the assigned tag I clicked on) and then back to nothing again.

Note that what I'm, describing is what is happening to me in my current sessions. In the past 48 hours, other weird stuff has happened to me such as me actually being able to view my different notebooks, but not being able to view any tags or create new notes. A few clicks later and I would get the Mac swirly colourful wheel and would never go away unless I Force Task End it.

Everything is perfect and responsive under my iOS app and the web-browser version of EN, but I desperately need to have access offline and from my mac. Are there any other information I could supply to help you deliver a solution? I have already uninstalled and redownloaded and installed EN. I've restarted my computer as well. What else can I try?

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Sounds like a job for Evernote chat! But, it looks like chat is unavailable at the moment. I'd make a support ticket. It seems like you have done everything you can do at this point short of downloading an older version of the software. If you want to try that, here is a pretty old one I think. I cannot say how trustworthy the site or the download is--use at your own risk!

http://www.filehippo..._evernote/5013/

• Level 5*

Aren't EN chat only for premium members?

And thank you for the quick replies. If anyone wishes, I can keep them updated with my progress on this thread.

Yes. But, even as a premium member, I haven't caught them online. It's like they are avoiding me or something. I have lots of stuff to chat about, like this freaky warm weather we are having in the northeast.

Good luck with it, and keep us updated :)

That was extremely quick.

A gentleman named Ken emailed me and asked me to sync and then reply to him with an attached activity log saved file. Then he gave me instructions to into a hidden Library folder on my hard rive (Lion) and to move the Evernote folder, causing it to reconnect with the server.

Worked like magic. I am extremely pleased with the a speed at which my issue was resolved.

That was extremely quick.

A gentleman named Ken emailed me and asked me to sync and then reply to him with an attached activity log saved file. Then he gave me instructions to into a hidden Library folder on my hard rive (Lion) and to move the Evernote folder, causing it to reconnect with the server.

Worked like magic. I am extremely pleased with the a speed at which my issue was resolved.

Ditto, glad to hear it worked. Love when we can get things resolved quickly. EN Support is really hardcore--support done right.

@GM: you've seen the hours posted for chat, correct? You should be able to access pretty readily at this point. 9-5 PST, M-F.

Archived