Language setting - Mac

• 5 months later...

Need help with this too. My system preferences are already set to U.S. English but Evernote keeps correcting U.S. spelling with British spelling (standardized becomes standardised) which can be annoying as it adds at least another layer of editing and proofreading especially if you need to comply with strict language requirements that demand U.S. spelling.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

No fix for this? I do my notes in Norwegian, and while I wouldn't demand a Norwegian spell check in Evernote (there are very few of us), it'd be great to be relieved of the hassle of editing the language setting every time I copy-paste from Evernote into Word.

• Level 5

To change the language Evernote runs in, you do indeed have to change your system wide language setting: 
- Launch System Preferences

- Select Language and Text

- Click on the Language tab

- Drag your language of choice to the top of the list

The spell checking language is changed independently of the UI language:

- Launch System Preferences

- Select Languages and Text

- Click on the Text tab

- Select your language of choice from the Spelling pop-up

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

I have changed the language settings on my Mac using system preferences but Evernote continues to show everything in Japanese. Am I missing something?

Did you restart your computer?

Are you using the Evernote app or are you logging onto Evernote through the Web?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the same problem. My Mac language is already set to US English and so is every other setting I could possibly find but still, Evernote will keep changing my spellings to UK spellings and it's really driving me nuts. Is there any way to fix this? Please help, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2016 at 11:05 AM, Junebugsm said:

I have the same problem. My Mac language is already set to US English and so is every other setting I could possibly find but still, Evernote will keep changing my spellings to UK spellings and it's really driving me nuts. Is there any way to fix this? Please help, thanks.

Hi there @Junebugsm, welcome to the Forums!

What version of Evernote are you currently running? Can you also tell me the version of OSX on your computer?

I look forward to your response.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Smexhy said:

This is irrelevant as it changes language of the web interface only, not of the app itself.

Sorry about that, I should have  confirmed before posting.  I deleted my post

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

Sorry about that, I should have  confirmed before posting.  I deleted my post

No problem, hope some one will find the solution. 

I started translating the program by myself on the official site of Evernote.

Archived